Anyone else interested???

Try&CatchMe!

New forum user
I'm planning to go to the COCOA Main Track Day at Willow Springs Raceway on Oct 24-25. I was the only Tiger out there this past may. Is anyone else interested in going? It would be nice to see other tigers out there! :cool:

Attachments

• Picture028.jpg
    Picture028.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 258

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Open Track Plans

The Cobra Club Event conflicts with other plans.

I am getting TigerBlue ready for the West Coast Racing Open Track Event the following Halloween weekend.

See Calender for details.

Rick

Edit PS Also a schedule conflict with BBBash the following weekend, TigerBlue "Avatar" pic was from last years "Bash" Turn 4. Although Open Track events are usually geared to all levels of experience, the Bash assumes you know your way around the track at Willow and can watch your mirrors at the same time.

What the @#$% is Open Track? An early posting on the CAT WWW from '99. http://www.catmbr.org/optrak1.htm

Last edited:

venomous67

Bronze forum user
Don't forget the VARA Big Bore Bash...

VARA has again invited LASAAC to run an exhibition class that weekend. I have to confirm the details but I think this year will be in the $200 - $225 range and will consist of 1/2 hour sessions in the morning and afternoon each day, with the Sunday afternoon session being the exhibition "race". Certainly not the track time of the Cobra Club weekend but another opportunity to run (and it's kinda neat to have some people there watching).

Try&CatchMe!

New forum user
Cobra Club Event this weekend (Oct. 24 & 25)

Hi All,

I'm still planning on going to the Cobra Club big track event this weekend at Willow Springs. A schedule conflict prevents me from going to the BBBash event. Although I have driven the big track a few times at Willow I still consider myself to be a novice. So this time I have 2 new GoPro video cameras that I can mount to a few different places on my tiger so I can better learn from my mistakes. I will post a trip report and upload a few pics from the adventure later next week. I wish everyone going to the BBBash to have a fun and safe weekend.

Kevin

venomous67

Bronze forum user
The following email from Randy Richardson (president of LASAAC) provides the latest on the VARA BBBash weekend and the LASAAC exhibition class...

The Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club has been invited once again to participate in an exhibition class during the VARA Big Bore Bash at Willow Springs International Raceway on November 7 and 8, 2009.
The main feature will be the Ford vs. Chevy Challenge for a week end full of racing and fun.

Our exhibition class will be for vintage track ready vehicles of LASAAC members and friends with an emphasis on Shelbys, Cobras, Mustangs and Tigers. However, all interested participants with an eligible vehicle should contact me for consideration. We are targeting at least 20 cars. Drivers with experience in at least open track events will be considered.

The fee will be in the $150 to $200 range per vehicle for morning and afternoon practice sessions on Saturday and practice on Sunday morning with a rolling start event on Sunday afternoon.

If you are interested in having a lot of fun during a sanctioned VARA Event but do not have a full race prepared vehicle then this is a fantastic opportunity for you. Our participation last year was very successful for all that joined in.

Please respond to this email or call me at the below number if you are interested. Applications and payment will be on Saturday November 7 th at the track.

Randy Richardson
President LASAAC
RichardsonR@insurance.ca.gov
(661) 949-3931 home
(323) 864-3983 cell

Last edited: