Anyone in Sacramento that can let me test for fit?

Amazonian

New forum user
Hello everyone!

I have always wanted a Sunbeam, but I've never sat in one before. I am 6'7" tall, which rules out a lot of cars for me. So before I spend too much time getting excited about the ones I see for sale across the country, I'd like to see if I even fit.

Do you or someone you know with an Alpine/Tiger happen to live near Sacramento, and would be willing to let me sit in your car? The car doesn't have to be in drive-able condition, so long as there is a seat and a steering wheel and pedals! Of course, I wouldn't turn down a ride in a Tiger ... but really I just need to test for fit. I guess I should see if I fit with the top up too.

Let me know!

Thanks

Last edited:

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There was a dad and son duo that had a Tiger- dad was 6'5" and son was 6'7"- if there's a will there's a way! Tigers do have some adjustability in the pedals, seats, and steering wheel. Good luck!

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If you get a test fit..
1.There are 2 positions for the pedals. ( amke sure they are at the position closest to the firewall)
2. Make sure seat is slid all the way back.
3. There is a flip bar under the rear of the seat, make sure its in the lower positon.. Many people forget this.
4. Adjust the backrest rake.
5. Adjust steering wheel outward.. It will give you knee room.
I've got friends in the 6'5 range with tigers... Its not to bad..

Ironically... Alpines have More room in the footwells

Warren

Gold forum user
Bruce is in Folsom and does a car's and coffee there.. I've clicked the share button to forward your posting

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Hello everyone!

I have always wanted a Sunbeam, but I've never sat in one before. I am 6'7" tall, which rules out a lot of cars for me. So before I spend too much time getting excited about the ones I see for sale across the country, I'd like to see if I even fit.

Do you or someone you know with an Alpine/Tiger happen to live near Sacramento, and would be willing to let me sit in your car? The car doesn't have to be in drive-able condition, so long as there is a seat and a steering wheel and pedals! Of course, I wouldn't turn down a ride in a Tiger ... but really I just need to test for fit. I guess I should see if I fit with the top up too.

Let me know!

Thanks
Swing by cars and coffee folsom Saturday

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello everyone!

Let me know!

Thanks
Amazonian

I am 6’5” 230lbs. I fit reasonably well into my Tiger. Follow all the features pointed out by Michael King. The telescoping steering wheel is the game changer. You can pull the wheel toward you away from your knees.

The pedal compartment is a bit tight. If your height is in your torso you might find a problem with line of sight. Of course getting in and out is an adventure…but worth it.

Good Luck.

Warren

Gold forum user
I tried to get into a 69 E type and it was too hard and I'm kinda average..
Cobrakidz is Bruce thanks for the reply and that share button works great.
There's also Larry AKA Rusty Tiger here and a couple others .. To bad no roster online. Good time to shop for a Tiger one in Carlsbad, one in San Pedro two on local Craigslist.
Yes somewhat far from Sac. Bruce is your go to local guy..

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I tried to get into a 69 E type and it was too hard and I'm kinda average..
Cobrakidz is Bruce thanks for the reply and that share button works great.
There's also Larry AKA Rusty Tiger here and a couple others .. To bad no roster online. Good time to shop for a Tiger one in Carlsbad, one in San Pedro two on local Craigslist.
Yes somewhat far from Sac. Bruce is your go to local guy..
In my Bro's collection is a fine GT 6. While driving, it's a fun almost comfy toy. At a mere 6'1", navigating in/out requires some anatomical dislocation.

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This scene from Arnold's COMMANDO show what a big man looks like in a Sunbeam. Warning! Some views may cause stress!

KenF

Gold forum user
I invited the gentleman to a nearby cruise night to try my Tiger on for size. He came, wiggled into it, barely. Seat was all the way back, steering wheel pulled all the way out. I think he's more legs than torso, the steering wheel was always in the way no matter what. Windshield frame height was okay for him. He's definitely taller than Arnold, who isn't that tall, but that's a funny clip, showing off his acting skills! (Not) Took him for a ride, then let him drive it. Luckily we were in a big parking lot, he had problems getting his foot over the brake pedal. No matter how much he wants a Tiger or Alpine, I think he's probably looking for something else after that evening. LOL

RustyTiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hello everyone!

Let me know!

Thanks
I am in Sacramento and am 6'3" and modified my Tiger to fit me. I would be happy to let you sit in and check it out. I can meet you sometime at cars and coffee in Folsom or in El dorado Hills , Larry , aka Rusty Tiger

RustyTiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Not sure if I wrote in correct spot. i am in Sacramento and I am 6' 3" and modified my Tiger (seat,pedals and frame in back of seat) I would be happy to let you sit in my car when I am at Cars and Coffee in Folsom or El dorado Hills, Let me know what Saturday may work for you, Larry aka Rusty Tiger

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Directly following on from the Arnie clip -Arnie "lets the guy go" (unfortunately he is danglng him over a cliff when he does ) then Arnie flips the yellow car back on its wheels and him and his girlfriend hop in and take off. If you look closely as they speed away the car slews to far to the side exposing the side that has been extensively rammed in the previous clip - You guessed it exposing pristine body panels -Oops !