B9472849LRXFE

65Tiger

Bronze forum user
Bought my Tiger back in the summer of 1975. Joined STOA and enjoyed it for the next 5 years or so. Engine blew a head gasket so pulled it and started stripping the body to see what was causing the cracks here and there. Don't know exactly why it has been sitting for the last 30 years probably a combination of raising a family and discovering it that it needed a lot of body work re-done that was not in the budget at the time. It sat in my garage in Fremont until around 1992 or 93 then sat outside wrapped in a car cover until 1995 when we moved to Oakley. Since then it has been stored in my Dads garage until about 2 months ago when I brought it home. The engine has been out the whole time and now I have the cross member out and apart and most of the front sheet metal stripped to metal. This thing has been smacked more that a red headed stepchild. Complete front sheet metal replaced and then hit again on each side. Right side T-boned, rocker and b-pillar and front fender, door replaced. Left side crease from front fender through door and into rear fender. Each headlight area has been hit. The good part, no rust and solid. A lot of work ahead but nothing that I can't handle now. I have a good standard bore 5 bolt Hi-Po 289 that I have been saving for it for the past 30+ years. Joined STOA again to keep me motivated. Really good to see some old friends that I had drifted away from are still around. Almost sold it a couple of years back, glad the the guy thought $6000.00 was too much. Also, my three sons, now adults, were really pissed at me for even thinking about it. It is a Midnight blue car with the light blue interior but likely end up being a black interior.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restorations

Series IV Tiger bodies should be restored as original (opinions abound). Keep the leaded panel seams and blue interior. randy at Cars, Old & Little