B9472972RRO

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
Hi everyone, my name is Malcolm. I have always liked the Tiger but they were finacially out of my reach until recent years. So in 2008 I imported a Tiger from Germany.
Interestingly the car was designated for right hand drive export, but ended up in Germany with Alpine 260 badges and the chassis # stamped in the ridge on the firewall. I don't know any more of it's history than this.
The car would not run when I first got it. It had been fitted with a 289 and an electronic distributor from a 302 but there was no spark. Once we had spark I could get it through the registration process here in New Zealand and enjoy it.
As the car was not in tip top condition I thought I would drive it over summer and then pull it apart and get it sorted over winter. I have it nearly down to a body shell now so it will be off to the panel beaters to sort the body out, while I sort out the mechanicals.
So far in the interesting find dept I have found both engine mounts broken, rust in the left chassis rail where the front cross member bolts to and no spigot bush in the flywheel. Not sure how the gearbox has survived. There are probably a few more suprises under the paint and filler by the look. Once the car is done at least I will know exactly what I have. All good fun.

Thanks for taking the time of reading.
Cheers Mal

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Congratulations on finally getting your Tiger! Nothing like a car project to pass the winter time away. I hope you keep us posted on how it goes. We all learn from each other. Cheers, Gene