Bill or Bob

Cal44

Gold forum user
When I was with Tiger and I joined here, there was a tall fellow with two Tigers. One blue and one black?. I believe he lived in San Clemente Ca. I think he as one of the ones that ran this website. What became of him? He used to come down San Diego way on British car days.

mike

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Black and Blue Tigers Owner

I believe you are thinking of Rick Mueller. I haven't seen or heard from him for awhile. I heard he has sold off at least one, if not both, of his Tigers.

He formerly was the Treasurer for C.A.T.

Cal44

Gold forum user
I believe you are thinking of Rick Mueller. I haven't seen or heard from him for awhile. I heard he has sold off at least one, if not both, of his Tigers.

He formerly was the Treasurer for C.A.T.

See what happens when old age is reached, ohhh' my brain. Yes, Rick Mueller.
Thank you David.

mike

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rick has been a long time club member and served as CAT's Treasurer for over a decade while his wife, Bonnie, handled all the club membership duties. Rick was also our web master and was responsible for establishing this Forum

They've been simplifying their lives and have sold both of their Tigers.

Buck

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Reviving a dated thread, but from my old memory think this could be one of Rick's Tigers:

Hope everything is fine with Rick & Bonnie...

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Reviving an old thread, but from my old memory think this must be one of Rick's Tigers:

Hope everything is fine with Rick & Bonnie...
Bernd,

This is not either of ticks cars..
Rick's blue tiger was a metallic blue with cat or autopower rollbar and panasports.

The black tiger had a hardtop, offset stripe like the one on the green car in your post and had raydoyt style mirrors and 14" Halibrand kidney beans.

The graan car is a we know long term CAT members car.. it has pse 15" Halibrand replicas .. different car... The owners name escapes me for now.. but... When the car was listed for sale it did name him.

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael, that was fast. Ok, seems my old memory got me wrong here. Would still be interesting where his cars went.
Anyway hope they are still doing fine...

Last edited:

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bernd,

This is not either of Ricks cars..
Rick's blue tiger was a metallic blue with cat or autopower rollbar and panasports.

The black tiger had a hardtop, offset stripe like the one on the green car in your post and had raydoyt style mirrors and 14" Halibrand kidney beans.

The green car is a we know long term CAT members car.. it has pse 15" Halibrand replicas .. different car... The owners name escapes me for now.. but... When the car was listed for sale it did name him.
I believe this green car is "Hobbs", formerly owned by Jim Massman. Jim and Hobbs made it to many CAT events and he enjoyed driving it, regardless of the distance.

Jere T

Bronze forum user
I encountered the Mueller's Tiger Blue at the Fabulous Fords Show a few years ago and spoke with the owner who is based out of Orange County, I believe, but have no contact information. No sign of it since that time. Their black Tiger was also sold a couple of years ago, I have no information as to where it is now. The black Tiger had similar to the green Tiger wheels: PS Engineering 13" 4-port kidney bean style powder coated grey.
Regarding the green Tiger pictured, that is the car formerly owned by Jim and Jan Massman.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If you find one of Rick's old Tigers, you can bet it still had a Toploader in it when he sold it. He said he'd die before he gave up his Toploader LOL!

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Perhaps he was right. Very sturdy and almost unbreakable. I love Toploaders too. Nothing wrong with them...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Perhaps he was right. Very sturdy and almost unbreakable. I love Toploaders too. Nothing wrong with them...
Toploader is a great trans...shift quality is firm but nice... Only issue these days is them being short a gear... But there are always T5s and the TKO5/600 series boxes.....šŸ¤¤