body metal

mrthieba

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have an Alpine tub for sale getting no interest. I will have to cut it up, as we will have no room to keep it. Otherwise it will go to scrap metal. Any advice on where/how to cut it so panels can be used in the future?

66Tiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
They were mostly spot-welded together, starting from the rear working forward. Consequently, you should begin your disassembly by drilling out the spot welds for the front valence (under the front bumper) then the radiator cowl, then front wings, and so on.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Wish you were closer... The most valuable part of the shell is the front end... which you have used for repairs on your own project. I have had to rebuild a couple of cars that had the rear wheelarches enlarged.. requiring not only the rear qtrs, but the inner wheelarches as well. The center of the car really isn't worth anything.... unless it is totally rot free. Even still, it's an enormous amount of work to salvage anything forward of the "B" posts...

mrthieba

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The center of the car is about as rust free as can possibly be found. I had it in a garage in Arizona desert for many years before bringing it back here to sell it.. That is why it is so hard to think about crushing it.
I do have options, but I will probably scrap what doesnt find a home. My house is in escrow and I only have 30 days to deal with it.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
List on the saoca... 4 clean straight floors and seat mounts are great parts .same for clean sills and wheel arches