Body panels now available from Moss

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hopefully the fit of these improved after several years of container storage!

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I only am passing the info along... Outside of Jeff Howarth in the UK, I know of no other good/quality source of body panels.... I was very dissapointed with what I got from the East coast Sunbeam vendor... so much so, that I threw them in the trash. That Moss has even put these parts up for sale is miraculous as a lot of people just assumed they'd incorporate the MG/TR/Healey stuff into their inventory and toss the rest in the dump. How many people benefited from getting w/s's when I put it on line that they were available??? They sold all 73 that they had in a week, I bought a couple myself. You can be quick to demonize Moss, at least they are giving buyers a possibility of getting parts... IN THIS COUNTRY....

The nice thing about Moss offering these parts, if you have a concern about quality, they will take it back, AND refund the purchase price AND THE SHIPPING, including the shipping back to Moss.

The last front valance I bought from Jeff Howarth was roughly the same price, but shipping from the UK was considerably more...

I'm just offering an option. Pretty soon, the supply is going to go away. None of us is getting any younger, and let's face it... Rootes group parts are an orphan breed. Get them while you can.

Of course, since I am a Moss distributor.... I get a break on the prices over retail.... Not that I need any of them presently. Like I said, I was trying to provide a service to Sunbeam owners.... No good deed goes unpunished. :)

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for posting the link and info.
If these are the panels that were not pattern parts maybe let mosx know so they can put a disclaimer on them that they are not per factory.
If they get a bunch of returns they may shy away from releasing the other stock they acquired.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
FYI, the panels VB sold in previous years required a lot of work to get them to fit. The contours were not correct. The rockers were straight instead of having the curvature of original panels and the front valance is a heavier gauge metal than original. I have a complete VB set including door skins that I bought during one of their winter sales. If you were to buy any of the panels I would suggest asking if they are returnable if you decide not to use them. Chris Lund in Canada makes really nice Sunbeam repair panels. I have a complete set of his in stock for future use if needed.
Hopefully the fit of these improved after several years of container storage!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Although we prefer to bang our own tin, I often will outsource panels from others to gain speed on shop projects. Previous VB products could be a challenge. Just sayin'

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Although we prefer to bang our own tin, I often will outsource panels from others to gain speed on shop projects. Previous VB products could be a challenge. Just sayin'
I've wondered who made the panels for VB and was there only problems with the Sunbeam panels or was it also panels for other marques? I took the VB front valance to Doug when he was restoring the body of my green car. He said the valance heavy gauge of metal prevented any tweeking of it. He cut the lower center section and grafted it to original pieces removed from a parts car and a Martel valance top. Second photo shows the finished product.

100_0480.JPG

107_0455.JPG

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
FYI, the panels VB sold in previous years required a lot of work to get them to fit. The contours were not correct. The rockers were straight instead of having the curvature of original panels and the front valance is a heavier gauge metal than original. I have a complete VB set including door skins that I bought during one of their winter sales. If you were to buy any of the panels I would suggest asking if they are returnable if you decide not to use them. Chris Lund in Canada makes really nice Sunbeam repair panels. I have a complete set of his in stock for future use if needed.
Moss will not only take them back... they'll pay shipping BOTH ways. as long as you don't modify them, they are fully returnable.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Moss will not only take them back... they'll pay shipping BOTH ways. as long as you don't modify them, they are fully returnable.
Since you're a Moss dealer and Moss is new to selling Sunbeam parts you might let them know that parts such as clutch slave cylinders, brake parts and many other parts may not fit the cars listed for several series of the cars. I bought a large order from VB's last winter sale and if I didn't have Alpines of all series some parts would be useless for my use. The parts aren't bad, just incorrectly cataloged. They might want to verify that the parts fit whether for a Tiger or a particular series of Alpine before they list them for sale.