Brake Booster Repair/Troubleshooting

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sean

Thanks. I have a lead on an original one but I think I will give this a try regardless. I have already disassembled the broken clamp.

5279ED74-548C-47DF-A71C-D6CFDC28B3BD.jpeg

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
VaCat33, let me know how you make out with the band. If your stuck I have a couple bands.
Brian

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Sean

Thanks. I have a lead on an original one but I think I will give this a try regardless. I have already disassembled the broken clamp.

View attachment 17720
I have 40 years experience with the Healey bits! If you buy Moss rad clamp for a 100/4 you'll be able to use the strap material in the OE Tiger/Alpine clip with no problems at all! Moss part # 326.350

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey Guys

I sourced an original band clamp from another TEAE club member. It cleaned up nicely and will go on the car.

That said, I also pursued rebuilding the original. I used the AH clamps recommended by Sean.

Upon receipt, I trimmed the length down to a similar size as original (I gave myself an extra 1/4 inch.) I thin looped around the wire bracket, inserted the other end through the cotter pin and then tightened everything down.

It looks pretty good. Give that shiny band a little patina and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Thanks for the tip. Hope this helps somebody down the line.

CC93390D-D6ED-43F9-9EBD-5BF1A1AE9EB6.jpeg