brake rotor question

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
The BJ8 calipers have a wider bolt spacing that the Alpine and Tiger calipers. They are both 16P so all of the internals and pads are the same, just not interchangeable as a full assy!

The Alpine and Tiger 16P calipers are 3.25" centered for the mounting lugs, Austin Healey (Mk3) and TR4-6 are 3.5" centered, as is the Toyota caliper. BTW, the Toyota calipers are sold by Moss and others as an upgrade kit for the Healey and TR.

The early disc brake Healey used a 14P caliper which is 3.25" centered for the mounting lugs.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
The BJ8 calipers have a wider bolt spacing that the Alpine and Tiger calipers. They are both 16P so all of the internals and pads are the same, just not interchangeable as a full assy!

The Alpine and Tiger 16P calipers are 3.25" centered for the mounting lugs, Austin Healey (Mk3) and TR4-6 are 3.5" centered, as is the Toyota caliper. BTW, the Toyota calipers are sold by Moss and others as an upgrade kit for the Healey and TR.

The early disc brake Healey used a 14P caliper which is 3.25" centered for the mounting lugs.
Clear now - thanks

So calliper spacers it is, if one wants the thicker, vented rotor on a 13" rim

Last edited:

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
that's not the same brake rotor... BB3183 is stamped on the rim of what I have here. it's an 18mm thick rotor with a minimum thickness of 16mm. it's 200SX but I do not know the year of application. I do know that they are available from autozone at a little over $42 USD

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Is this the Nissan 200 SX turbo rotor we need with the 10mm calliper spacer?
Thickness will be OK, it is the mounting bolt PCD, and centre hole that I do not know

thickness (mm): 22
height: 49
outer diameter (mm): 280
hole pitch / number: 4/4
bolt hole circle 1 Ø (mm): 114,3
min. thickness (mm): 20
hub bore Ø (mm): 68

https://www.zimmermann-bremsentechn...-for-nissan-200-sx-s13-front.html?language=en
The rotors in this application are from/for a 1984-88 Nissan 200SX or Maxima. OE # BB3183, Napa 4885769. Napa is out of stock, Autozone has them in stock