Brake Servo vacuum Hose Clamp

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello

I am changing out the vacuum hose for my brake servo. I have heard that the sardine can style hose clamp is one time use only. Is that correct? If so, does anyone have a source for these clamps?

Thanks.
Servo Sardine Clamp.png

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim, the clamp in this photo has been off several times. Just loosen it up, pull the hose off and take the clamp off the hose, clean it and reinstall. The fitting on the booster has a bulge that lets the hose fit tight. Just retighten the clamp by turning the key.

100_0551.JPG

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,

Carefully undoing it and reusing it is a good start.
I recall someone in the last 2 years had found a decent sub for the clamp.. Ill see if i can find the refenece.

Also as i assume you are actually using your servo as a functioning part of the system its right you want the clamp to function as well as being aesthetically correct.

Some owners who reuse the clamps have the servos on the car blocked off and just there for looks for judging.. So the functionality of the clamp doesn't matter in their case...

Warren

Gold forum user
I think the old thread showed a coiled up round one that was much smaller.
As long as we're talking about these clamps how about the rack boot metal ones.

Warren

Gold forum user
I kept them aside but they are boxed. Basically a metal zip tie like number. But basically a small eye and strap that relies on the surface tension when pulled tight and pulled back.