British Car Days - New Mexico

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The 27th annual British Car Days was held last weekend (April 27 - 29, 2018). This is a regional event limited to 100 cars and includes car show poker run and evening events. It is sponsored by the British Motor Car Club of Southern New Mexico. My Tiger was the only Sunbeam entered, and a lot of people were interested in Sunbeams and Tigers. It showed well and earned 1st in class and the Reserve Best in Show. A Jaguar E-Type won Best of Show. The club web site has info on last years event and will be posting pictures, etc. about this event soon. www.bmc-snm.org/ Cliff

Attachments

• EMBMCSNM+Car+Days+Poster+-+2018.jpg
    EMBMCSNM+Car+Days+Poster+-+2018.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 191
  • EMsnmbcd1.jpg
    EMsnmbcd1.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 187
  • EMnmbcd2.jpg
    EMnmbcd2.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 208
  • EMBritishflag.jpg
    EMBritishflag.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 171

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Way to go!

Beautiful car- nice showing! What kind of wheels are you running?

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Those are Centerline 16" 5 lug. I need 16" because of the 13" brakes. Hard to find wheels for this configuration (5" back space). Cliff

dstephns

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Beautiful Tiger! Always like seeing another Midnight Blue one.
Dave

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
British car show

Cliff, you have an absolutely stunning car! Just gorgeous. You must have lots of stories to tell from an event like that. I’m sure all of us have a humorous story of people that come up and ask you about your car. I had a guy years ago ask why I put the V8 in it, I told him that’s the way it came, he replied that his didn’t have a V8 but a four cylinder. I told him that he must of bought an Alpine. He was an older guy and never heard of a V8 Tiger and looked at me in disbelief.
Brian

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well there was something that happened like that. I was standing in line at the awards breakfast, and one of the men that was running the event was in front of me. He turned around and we bean talking..He said he used to own a Tiger. There is a local guy that has a Tiger he's trying to sell. But..and he begins to criticize his car. It has a 347 400 hp engine, narrowed 9" ford rear end, 5 speed and the only thing left stock on it is the body!!! That's why he's struggling to sell his car. (I'am thinking, but did not say anything, "you just described my car." Well not exactly but close.) Anyway, When they are handing out the awards, who gave me my 1st and reserve trophies? Yea, him. I wonder if he realized his contradiction? But, really, he and all the others were gracious and friendly and welcoming, kinda, like this club. Cliff