Burl Wood Dashboards

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just ordered a wood dashboard from Jerome Senn at www.alpineinnovations.co.uk. It was the second to last LHD dash he has in stock, so he has one left. I have posted a picture below of the two he had left before I bought the one on top marked 'A'. The dash, including glove box door, plus shipping to Texas is $360.00 which is about $100 cheaper than the ones being sold in the US. Shipping is via DHL tracked & insured and delivery is expected within 10 days. Quality looks good in the pictures, but we'll see once I can put my eyes on it. The reason for the post is to let everyone know Jerome has one left at this moment, so if you need one soon, better act fast! he will likely be getting more in stock but who knows what the timing is.

Rick
Tiger Burl Walnut Dashboard DSCN2232.JPG

SunbeamTgr

Silver forum user
CAT Member
A pair of Beauties!! To me, however, it's worth a bit more if they came with the lettering under the switches.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The dashes are decent, i think both @66TigerMK1A bought earlier verisons of them where they still didn't have lettering and iirc the clock hole was slightly undersized and the veneer was 2 parts bookmatched in the middle. The detail i liked was the spring ball bearing to clip the glovebox door, better than a hanging magnet moat use.

They were a lot more economical than the others available, but after adding lettering and re-applying varnish and doing some clean up sanding on the gauge holes i think the ones SS and carwood used to offer were a more completed product even though the intial outlay was more.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I looked at these a month ago, but the lack of lettering held me back as I do not want to use Alpine style tags

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Who is the person in the New England area that is making wood dashes? I've heard that they're decent.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I did mine myself. It is not too difficult and it is a very satisfying project. You just need a pattern.

05F967B7-1778-4456-A1FE-C7008897E0ED.jpeg

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
pfreen was kind enough to send me the leftover rub on letters he had made up. They look perfect and worked great for me. I used what I needed and can pass on the remaining stock, which is enough to do many more dashes to anyone who needs them.
I'd prefer to send the entire batch to someone and have them send on the remains etc.

Warren

Gold forum user
That's awesome, wish I still had the pattern I gave away. I'm an old boat varnish guy.
Wonder if they use that epoxy finish. It can be thick and if the edge chips in the gauge areas you'll be saying DOH....

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
When Tiger Tom built this dash for me he used 9 coats of polyurethane.
100_0341.JPG

fjohn49

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
pfreen was kind enough to send me the leftover rub on letters he had made up. They look perfect and worked great for me. I used what I needed and can pass on the remaining stock, which is enough to do many more dashes to anyone who needs them.
I'd prefer to send the entire batch to someone and have them send on the remains etc.
I'm making my own dash and would like to use the rub on letters if you still have them.

Thank you
John

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm making my own dash and would like to use the rub on letters if you still have them.

Thank you
John
Yes John. I still have some left. PM your mailing address and I'll send them to you.
Rick

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have an original Tiger dash that has been restored with lettering I will list in for sale section with pictures

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I have the lettering and can send them to another member. Just pm your address and I will send them to you