Camshaft choice

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I am having my 260 engine rebuilt and was wondering is a RV camshaft a good choice and if so what manufacturer do you recommend

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My Tiger's 302 was built with an RV camshaft by the previous owner. The builder was Barry Greenberg, who was popular with the club in the 80's and then had a falling out. I don't have a manufacturer or specs; it pulls strong in the mid range and I'm wasting my time past 5500 rpm's, but it will rev higher. Sorry about the vagueness of the post, but it's at least some seat of the pants info LOL! Kirk

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
My Tiger's 302 was built with an RV camshaft by the previous owner. The builder was Barry Greenberg, who was popular with the club in the 80's and then had a falling out. I don't have a manufacturer or specs; it pulls strong in the mid range and I'm wasting my time past 5500 rpm's, but it will rev higher. Sorry about the vagueness of the post, but it's at least some seat of the pants info LOL! Kirk
Hi Kirk
Do you know if you are heavier valve springs ?
Thanks for the information

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had the heads done about 30 years ago. Other than screw-in rocker studs and the guide plates I added, I don't remember any details. The shop that did them said the valvetrain should be good for about 6200 rpms. With the RV cam, I knew that number was safe!

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Thanks for the information, I will probably upgrade the standard camshaft to RV camshaft. Regards Tony