Camshaft Recommendation

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello

I am building a stock 260 for my very early Tiger. See photo of block. I am installing a new camshaft and I ordered one from COMP Cams back in March. I am not sure what is going on over at COMP Cams but my item is still on back order and they are now saying late July. Every time I have called it is always the same story…next month.

Enough whining…does any body have a recommendation for another manufacturer. I have heard good things about Cower and bad things about Crane.

COMP offered a cam and lifter kit which includes everything you need. I would prefer finding something similar.

Thanks

Jim

6F27B210-4AAA-43FC-956D-705675D773D5.jpeg

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I too will need a cam. What does Comp say is the reason for having no stock?

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I forget how they worded it…but I seem to recall it boiled down to they were behind in production. In searching other manufacturers I did notice that their products were back ordered.

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Same here ordered a cam from comp cams earlier in the year as of yesterday still on back order
might have to use the edelbrock cam that came in my rpm kit just like the newer design of the comp cams
extreme series. On the positive side I still got the old price on the comp cam price went up $30

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
91F48171-2306-4B35-B38E-1139D4C790AE.png
24C1A05A-3D89-458A-B7E9-C6DE78DBDDB8.png
this is the kit I bought on eBay late 2021 the cam is a rv cam Good kit but don’t think it is in stock anymore. I think they sell parts individual. Hope that helps