Canvas Soft Tops

67MKII

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Where is the best place to get one of the canvas soft tops for the Tiger?

Thanks in advance.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
In the states i believe robbins supplies them.. not sure if you can buy direct from them.. but sunbeam specialties stocks them.

there are other suppliers.. maybe search the old tigers mailing list.. the various suppliers/fit was discussed early last year IIRC

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Looking

Where is the best place to get one of the canvas soft tops for the Tiger?

Thanks in advance.

I'm digging for an invoice. We bought a canvass top for a customer some years back and it's the best darned top I've ever seen for both looks and wear. She's not bashful about using her car and the top has held up excellent. Since I never throw anything out, it's got to be here someplace . .

67MKII

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Canvas Soft Top

Thanks to all that replied.

The canvas tops I have seen look really nice and I've heard that stand up well over time---that's why I'm looking for one.
I don't know anything about the seller on ebay and for that much money I would want to be sure they are reputable (there have been troubles with soft tops in the past w/ regard to fit). Anyone heard anything about these tops?

Rick does not list any canvas tops in his newest catalog (only the vinyl pinpoint & crush grain tops). I'll give him a call.

Thanks again.

John

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
John

You're right, Rick doesn't list the cloth top but he DOES sell it... I bought one from him a couple years ago after talking to Robbins... they don't sell direct but did send me some swatches.. Rick also has swatches . I think it was a little over $600 and Rick says IIRC that his prices are 40% off retail... I asked around before buying and got some good reco's about the cloth one and payed the extra ( double? ) as I figure I'll only ever buy one!
I'm 100% satisfied with it and get a lot of comments on how much better it looks than vinyl...

Jim
B382000446