coil spring insulators

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Next on the list for the front end rebuild.... I started hearing some ominous noises up front last year. Upon inspection it seems that the coil spring insulators had come adrift. (As they say in the UK) I found them wadded up around the shocks inside the coil spring, instead of above it. The currently available insulators are pretty soft. It'd be nice if I could find some poly urethane ones to go with my newly ordered a-arm bushings. anyone got any ideas?

Superpro makes a poly urethane insulator for the Ausie Falcon... but they don't have one listed for the Tiger.

Last edited:

Warren

Gold forum user
I used some old vintage fire hose cuttings. A lot of guys run without em just to get the lower stance.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
The Mustang ll is the right size but as 1/2" thick, they will lower the car about twice the distance as the difference in stock bushing thickness. IE assuming the stock bushing is 1" then the 1/2" Mustang ll will lower 1".
Available in polyurethane

Hoghead

Gold forum user
The Mustang ll is the right size but as 1/2" thick, they will lower the car about twice the distance as the difference in stock bushing thickness. IE assuming the stock bushing is 1" then the 1/2" Mustang ll will lower 1".
Available in polyurethane.
Rick has stock isolators and what I am using with 1" shorter springs and dropped spindles for 2" less than stock

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Interesting! Mine was lowered all the way as the insulator had completely come out of place and was wrapped around the shock! I think I had just more than an inch travel left to the bump stop. Made me approach railroad tracks VERY slowly!!