Wanted Condenser for generator and su fuel pump

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I am looking to replace the condensers for the 30 amp original generator and also for the SU fuel pump. Looking for a supplier or part numbers The one on the generator has a stamping 6-125 on it
Are these obtained from Napa or autozone?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
mystified by your reference to a condenser for the fuel pump... are you referring to the one under the black plastic cover?? Moss has these under part # 377.145 (neg ground, diode replacement).. I assume the one you are referring to for the generator is for noise suppression?? doubt you will find one at Autozone or Napa.. probably Ebay will be the only search option

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
mystified by your reference to a condenser for the fuel pump... are you referring to the one under the black plastic cover?? Moss has these under part # 377.145 (neg ground, diode replacement).. I assume the one you are referring to for the generator is for noise suppression?? doubt you will find one at Autozone or Napa.. probably Ebay will be the only search option
When I got the car it had external capacitors / condensers added to the generator and fuel pump maybe they were added for noise suppression. I know there is a small cylindrical electric thing inside the black cap on the SU fuel pump is that a diode you mention and should it be replaced? Probably to stop erosion of the points? Can I do away with having capacitors for the generator and fuel pump ? Thanks

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
When I got the car it had external capacitors / condensers added to the generator and fuel pump maybe they were added for noise suppression. I know there is a small cylindrical electric thing inside the black cap on the SU fuel pump is that a diode you mention and should it be replaced? Probably to stop erosion of the points? Can I do away with having capacitors for the generator and fuel pump ? Thanks
They're not required. they are simply for noise suppression on AM radios