Connecting an ammeter

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I want to connect an ammeter to my original electrical system along with an inline fuse the photos show the original connections although the starter solenoid wire is not connected in the photo. And also a sketch of how I think it should be to incorporate the ammeter and inline fuse. Is this correct and any suggestions ? I have added in line fuses for the ignition switch and fuel pump at the fuse box location.
78E0B35C-8BE7-4294-B07B-8763D8C7F656.jpeg
29095F14-DBC8-43C2-86EA-18B8C452431E.png
3910AE14-235F-4470-9352-9E4A947C6C4B.jpeg

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
basically you remove the BROWN wire from the solenoid, not the regulator.. connect a longer wire to the Brown wire that connected to the solenoid and connect it to one side of the ammeter. The other terminal of the ammeter goes back to the solenoid, completing the circuit . If you connect the wires backwards on the ammeter it will read backwards. No fuse on earth would withstand the amp load me thinks...

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
There
basically you remove the BROWN wire from the solenoid, not the regulator.. connect a longer wire to the Brown wire that connected to the solenoid and connect it to one side of the ammeter. The other terminal of the ammeter goes back to the solenoid, completing the circuit . If you connect the wires backwards on the ammeter it will read backwards. No fuse on earth would withstand the amp load me thinks...
are two brown wires attached to the solenoid