Craigslist MK1

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Can't say I've ever seen a '39' car with red seats... https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/vacaville-1965-sunbeam-tiger/7430188284.html
B9471400LRXFE 05.jpg

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
went and looked at last week- one rusty turd- the body isn't connected- the center box for the sills is
gone rusted away- other than that -what a beauty=

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
went and looked at last week- one rusty turd- the body isn't connected- the center box for the sills is
gone rusted away- other than that -what a beauty=
Thanks for the report Bryan.

Rick

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Like any other wounded critter, it can be raised from the dead with enough $$$$$, talent & patience. Purchase price would have to be a lot lower. But then, I'm really cheap.

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
and a donner alpine- there's a point of no return when you take on these cats- when you spend 50k on just metal work- not to mention all the other goodies- your'll have well north of 100k - look for other candidates at a lower price- the sea is alive with cats

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
When looking to get another Tiger (after a 30 year gap ) a wise Tiger ‘guru’ said this to me “ in the ‘Tiger’ world, no matter what you pay for ‘rust’…it’s too much”

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Still, it is a do-able project with expected good results. Just put aside those rose colored glasses. It will take some effort to get there.

Warren

Gold forum user
Still, it is a do-able project with expected good results. Just put aside those rose colored glasses. It will take some effort to get there.
I remember looking at a car in Scottsdale. I was only willing to pay about 12 for it. Fortunately for me somebody else paid more. The car needed absolutely everything...
I found out who bought it He told me that he 60 hours worth of metal work into it I think it was probably more because $6,000 is pretty damn cheap at $95 an hour.
Then you get all the rust that you don't see. Do I sound like somebody who's got a rust-free car for sale hmmm or a Cat in the fight :)

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Going to Mars is do-able- a oneway trip to hell

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
More than once I've heard folks say that if it's rust free then it was totaled at one time. One of the Beams that I bought in California and brought back to Ohio probably took more time to straighten the front frame rails and pull the passenger side floor than it did to do the body work for the rest of the car. Someone in the bay area installed a fender over the bends and even took time to notch the crossmember in order to bolt it in. The previous owner was a customer of SS for about 18 years before I bought the car. Rust is a way of life in the eastern part of the states and you learn to deal with it.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If I dragged a rust free toy into the shop, it would take a week for the lads to recover from the party . . . . .

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Randy, they probably would first ask a lot of questions about a rust free car. I remember seeing a red car from Ohio after it was soda blasted and before your guys started on it. Ohio has semi- trucks that are chemical tankers and their sole purpose is to haul salt brine and they are set up like the tar trucks used when paving roads and they spray the salt brine on the roads prior to a winter storm. It's really hard in this area to find a pickup without the bed side rusted out above the rear wheels.