Crane HI-6 ignition system failure

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm curious is anyone has used the Crane Hi-6 ignitions system with the crane magnetic trigger distributor? I'm trying to fire up my Tiger for the first time in 4 years end of the restoration and everything is dialed in an wired correctly but NO SPARK to the engine :confused: The system is not getting a trigger signal from the distributor, very, very frustrating as I'm so close to hearing the crate 302 fire up. If you have any suggestions or have experienced this failure with crane or MSD systems I'd like to hear about it. Thanks,

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
The Crane systems have a very good reputation and much better than the MSD
systems. I have had lot's of experiance with MSD units on my Cobra and the failure
mode for those units tends to be the control box due to heat soaking/failure. You might try checking connections again at the distributor to control box and look for
an open.

Bill D

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm confident with Crane but I've checked all connections several times it's fairly elementary, I can't for the life of me figure it out. The HI-6 box is now on its way back to Daytona Beach, I'm hoping they find an issue with it so I know I didn't overlook something. I appreciate your input. Don