Dales cross member

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
dale front end is for sale- never installed- 4-lug I guess all the bells and whistles- PM me if interested-Bryan

IMG_5898.JPG

IMG_5902.JPG

IMG_5901.JPG

IMG_5900.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Hello Bryan-ask your friend what he wants for the short shifter in the picture, thanks
Joe

woody6

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Hi Bryan,
A friend and fellow Tiger owner is interested in your suspension. He had forgotten his forum login, so I sent you his contact info via a conversation.
--Woody

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
he still has it- dales new ones if he builds them are going over $10,000- having trouble finding vendor parts?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
he still has it- dales new ones if he builds them are going over $10,000- having trouble finding vendor parts?
A new Dales cross member is over 10k? Is that rumour of fact?
The last time I looked they were pricey...but also were not all inclusive you had to buy shocks and other bits additional....

I don't question Dales quality or work...but it you bolt one of these in and a MDL 5 speed.... That's beginning to be a very expensive exercise

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
At todays exchange rate 10K U.S. dollars amounts to 14,537 Australian dollars. That sounds expensive.

65tigercop

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I’ll never pay 10k, just keep one I have. I just talked to Dale about a 5 speed and he is too busy on his house.. once he is settled if he even does the front ends at all I’m sure won’t be 10k. I’d go between 5-7k total with shipping which is fair, so let me know if interested?
Thanks
Chris

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
At todays exchange rate 10K U.S. dollars amounts to 14,537 Australian dollars. That sounds expensive.
Nothing to do with exchange rates.. US$10k is an expensive price for the components, I'd hope that's inclusive of the full package.

But I guess only applies to Tiger owners anyway.

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Why do people take a Tiger and convert it into something else with very expensive parts ?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nothing to do with exchange rates.. US$10k is an expensive price for the components, I'd hope that's inclusive of the full package.

But I guess only applies to Tiger owners anyway.
I just mentioned what the cost would be for someone in your country based on the currency exchange rate. The EURO cost would be 9100 and the POUND would be 7800. I just do things like that. If I thought I had to change the Tiger front crossmember to one of Dale's front cross members I would probably do it if there was a reason.

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just mentioned what the cost would be for someone in your country based on the currency exchange rate. The EURO cost would be 9100 and the POUND would be 7800. I just do things like that. If I thought I had to change the Tiger front crossmember to one of Dale's front cross members I would probably do it if there was a reason.
How generous.. I guess I should have bought one between 2010-13 when the au$ ranged between 1.03 to 1.10 .... but that seems irrelevant.

The current price would be a strong deposit on a property in the Buckeyes.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
How generous.. I guess I should have bought one between 2010-13 when the au$ ranged between 1.03 to 1.10 .... but that seems irrelevant.

The current price would be a strong deposit on a property in the Buckeyes.
That would have been a wise investment.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Unless you are racing your Tiger,(on a road course) a Dale's crossmember is a colossal waste of money... Normal driving on the road, toodling along in a tour with your Tiger pals, you are never going to notice the Ackermann issues with your Tiger. These are only an issue "on the limit" and probably "in the wet". I've owned Tigers for nearly 30 years now. I have NEVER had an issue with the steering angles that caused me to wonder about the stability of the car... Are the steering angles less than ideal?? Yes, of course they are. Is this something that affects the average "non competitive" Tiger drive????? NO.