December 31, 9:00 a.m. New Year’s EVE morning — Rose Parade Route drive.

Added to Calendar: 12-31-21

1966 TGR

Gold forum user
CAT Member
December 31, 9:00 a.m. New Year’s EVE morning — Rose Parade Route drive. Weather permitting, drive the parade route along Colorado Blvd and take in sights and sounds as the Rose Parade is setting up and join all the other car clubs doing the same thing. As of Tiger Tales publication date we are still finalizing a meeting location and subsequent route. Please check the forum and we will also send out a reminder with more information closer to the event.

Dan MacMedan

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Hello So Cal Tiger community!
While wishing everyone a very happy Christmas and holiday season, as mentioned in Tiger Tales, we will be leading a drive on New Year's Eve Morning through the Rose Parade route along Colorado blvd.

A little history. For a number of years now the SoCal Norton Motorcycle club has held a ride every year at this time and I have attended several of them. As we'd gather at Lucky Baldwins Pub along Colorado blvd, I'd notice one car club after another, as well as ad hoc individuals in vintage cars all cruising the blvd up and down. Once I counted about 200 VW's just from one club. I feel it's high time the blvd got some Tigers in the mix! It's fun to see all the activity setting up for the parade as well as folks breaking out their cars for a cruise.

As of now, the planned route will be to muster by 9am at a Chevron Station in the Eagle Rock area at 7368 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90041
Shortly after 9 am we will head across the famous Pasadena Bridge, down the entire 5.5 miles of the parade route, turn about at the end, return and and then through the Arroyo Seco hillsides to La Cañada, where weather and road conditions permitting, we can cruise a few miles up Angeles Crest Highway and back.

I realize many of you have New Year's Eve plans, so this won't be an all day event and people can participate in as much or a little as desired.

I have been checking the weather and as of now it looks like New Year's Eve will be dry, but before you head out, please check the forum and if the weather changes I will make a notice there.

If there are any questions, please post them here or email me at president@catmbr.org

Thank you so much.

Dan MacMedan