Door panel 66 MK1A

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Are the door panel mounting holes the same for all Tiger's and Alpines over the years?

This is on my MK1A. Not sure if doors are orig and pretty sure panels are not, but really have no idea. Materials in the panel look modern.

Just pulled the skin of and trying to align them up but looks like the PO may have just used what he could get.

I totally may be aligning it wrong but looks odd.

I'm trying to make a pattern off the stock panel mounting holes.

Thanks

Sandy

20230811_123202.jpg

20230811_122653.jpg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The repro door panels take into account that the position of the window winder was moved up higher midway during series IV Alpine production ( switch to square corner doors) so the panels have the holes for both locations.

Re the top holes will be for the locations for the clips for the panel and for metal substrate for the padded door top roll securing to the door

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The repro door panels take into account that the position of the window winder was moved up higher midway during series IV Alpine production ( switch to square corner doors) so the panels have the holes for both locations.

Re the top holes will be for the locations for the clips for the panel and for metal substrate for the padded door top roll securing to the door
So besides the window winder, all the rest of the holes should line up?

I have to try it again, I may have just got it way off or something.

Might not even be able to use it as a pattern as I'm not planning on using the top part.

Back to the garage, and I forsee a bunch of blue tape and cardboard to make the pattern.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sandy

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Are the door panel mounting holes the same for all Tiger's and Alpines over the years?

This is on my MK1A. Not sure if doors are orig and pretty sure panels are not, but really have no idea. Materials in the panel look modern.

Just pulled the skin of and trying to align them up but looks like the PO may have just used what he could get.

I totally may be aligning it wrong but looks odd.

I'm trying to make a pattern off the stock panel mounting holes.

Thanks

Sandy

View attachment 18179

View attachment 18181
So besides the window winder, all the rest of the holes should line up?

I have to try it again, I may have just got it way off or something.

Might not even be able to use it as a pattern as I'm not planning on using the top part.

Back to the garage, and I forsee a bunch of blue tape and cardboard to make the pattern.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sandy

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
6C7D05AA-047B-4169-9A44-FB0D9EA8389A.jpeg
this is the driver’s side panel that I got from SS , it will fit my mk1 It needs the clips to be inserted, I made up the 2 pink donuts from 3/8 inch foam rubber

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
View attachment 18182this is the driver’s side panel that I got from SS , it will fit my mk1 It needs the clips to be inserted, I made up the 2 pink donuts from 3/8 inch foam rubber
Thanks for the pics. My panels have rusty metal around a couple of edges, looks like yours didn't. Also mine seem to have a lot more holes on the top edge. Have to look again and see what aligns up.

Thanks for the Picture!

Sandy

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the pics. My panels have rusty metal around a couple of edges, looks like yours didn't. Also mine seem to have a lot more holes on the top edge. Have to look again and see what aligns up.

Thanks for the Picture!

Sandy
Yours is a GT one... The GT are shallower height, pleated and have the metal stiffeners.

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yours is a GT one... The GT are shallower height, pleated and have the metal stiffeners.
Yep, was looking in the Sunbeam Specialties catalog and saw the difference as well. Didn't know the GT one were that expensive before I cut the material off of them...

Klaus and Cary

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Here are some pictures of what I believe to be originals off of our 66. It originally had a red interior that was spray painted by the previous owner.

20230815_111944.jpg
20230815_111951.jpg
20230815_111956.jpg

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Here are some pictures of what I believe to be originals off of our 66. It originally had a red interior that was spray painted by the previous owner.

Thanks, looks like more what I had with the metal. I have to get some paper to make a pattern for the material I'm using, seems the easiest way.

Sandy

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
One of the restoration rules we have is to make sure to save those metal reinforcements for future use. I've sent a few off to Martha where they get well received, copied and used.

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If anyone wants the panels that are local to Los Angeles, they are avail for the asking.