Edelbrock Water Pump

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I want to install an Edelbrock water pump and need to figure out which one of the two they offer for small block Fords is the right one.

This is the info I got from Edelbrock:

# 8841 with back plate, 5.42” Hub Height

# 8842 with no back plate Special “K” Engine, 5.16” Hub Height

I know the Tiger hub height has to be adjusted so either of these could possibly work. Does it make a difference if it has the back plate or not? I have the early aluminum timing cover.

I searched the forum and couldn't find specific mention of either of these part numbers. The only thread I found mentioned #8447 which I believe is a typo. That is not a valid Edelbrock #.

Has anyone else gone done this path?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There's a big question we gotta answer first.

I want to install an Edelbrock water pump and need to figure out which one of the two they offer for small block Fords is the right one.

This is the info I got from Edelbrock:

# 8841 with back plate, 5.42” Hub Height

# 8842 with no back plate Special “K” Engine, 5.16” Hub Height

I know the Tiger hub height has to be adjusted so either of these could possibly work. Does it make a difference if it has the back plate or not? I have the early aluminum timing cover.

I searched the forum and couldn't find specific mention of either of these part numbers. The only thread I found mentioned #8447 which I believe is a typo. That is not a valid Edelbrock #.

Has anyone else gone done this path?

What timing chain cover do you have, early with the pump cavity or late with shallow detente?

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What timing chain cover do you have, early with the pump cavity or late with shallow detente?

A good question but one that's difficult to answer right now because a regular old water pump is installed. It's a replacement cover I installed a few years ago to replace the old corroded original. It matched the original. I think the # was C4AE but don't remember for sure.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Don't be lazy

A good question but one that's difficult to answer right now because a regular old water pump is installed. It's a replacement cover I installed a few years ago to replace the old corroded original. It matched the original. I think the # was C4AE but don't remember for sure.

Fire up the wrenches and look . Or, there may just be a number # showing on that cover.

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This is actually for a future 289 build so I could use this cover that came with that engine: C4A-6059. Which Edelbrock pump would be correct for this?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 58

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member

This is actually for a future 289 build so I could use this cover that came with that engine: C4A-6059. Which Edelbrock pump would be correct for this?

Thanks

The exposed vanes fit into the cover cavity . #8842