Exhaust headers and pipes

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
As long as I'm on a roll have a question about my exhaust, Iv'e got most all the pieces for my motor edelbrock rpm heads, air gap intake, and edelbrock 7122 cam pretty much their rpm kit question is can I keep my sunbeam specialties headers that have 1 1/2 inch tubes and my 2 inch exhaust or should I upgrade to cat headers and go with a 2 1/4 inch exhaust. Using my existing exhaust will save me quite abit and I can always upgrade later on. Thanks

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You don't mention the engine size here, but I thought I read stroker elsewhere?

The good news is you can change the exhaust as needed.

The first step I would do is higher flow mufflers and go up from there, as needed.

My $.02

DW

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You don't mention the engine size here, but I thought I read stroker elsewhere?

The good news is you can change the exhaust as needed.

The first step I would do is higher flow mufflers and go up from there, as needed.

My $.02

DW
Sorry motor is 30 over 289 Have to pull exhaust out of rafters and see what mufflers are, I seem to remember them being flowmaster or maybe magnaflow 2 1/4 inlet and outlet

Last edited:

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Looks like I'm going to have them Jet coated or similar and give them a try going to go with 2 1/4 exhaust. Some years ago I got some oversized pass thru's from Randy (Oneoffive) if I change my mind will let you know. Kevin