FINALLY 65 MK1

pcf21

New forum user
CAT Member
Almost 4 years and pretty much completely gone through. Looking forward to bringing it to a meeting sometime soon. Just reserved a room for Big Bear 2013. Still some things I would like to do. Any suggestions on oil filter remote locations? I don't have the stock system so I have the stubby on now. Would like to do something a bit cleaner, easier to manage.

Need to get all the gauges restored, any suggestions there?

Thanks

Pete

chirodoc

Gold forum user
oil filter

Ford Motorsports has a 90 degree oil filter adapter, then use the Ford Taurus filter which is a little smaller in diameter than the standard Ford filter.
Summit SPEEDWAY motors and Jegs have them. Do a search in this website for discussion UNDER REMOTE OIL FLILTER. Norm Miller"s website shows a picture . fORD RACING PART NUMBER IS M6880A50

Last edited:

Warren

Gold forum user
Gauges

A fella named Paul Bruehan had very good results at using letraset type refacing in the original fonts and style. He also made a tach face for the hi hp guys with more numbers.
PM me if you need his contact info. I will be in Santa Barbara Friday.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Almost 4 years and pretty much completely gone through. Looking forward to bringing it to a meeting sometime soon. Just reserved a room for Big Bear 2013. Still some things I would like to do. Any suggestions on oil filter remote locations? I don't have the stock system so I have the stubby on now. Would like to do something a bit cleaner, easier to manage.

Need to get all the gauges restored, any suggestions there?

Thanks

Pete

Congratulations on the restoration,

for th gauges MOMA and Noisinger are 2 well respected companies that are familiar with the sunbeam gauges anddo postal rebuilds.

for the remote filer setup, if you want to move the filter some people put it in the front guard, some just use the ford 90deg adaptor and have it on the block.. pics of frotn guard:

pcf21

New forum user
CAT Member
car looks great, color code 58?

correct stock color was midnight blue 58 but repainted with a toyota (lexus I think) spectra blue. A bit lighter than code 58 and some light metalic flake. Looks great but not stock.

pcf21

New forum user
CAT Member
Ford Motorsports has a 90 degree oil filter adapter, then use the Ford Taurus filter which is a little smaller in diameter than the standard Ford filter.
Summit SPEEDWAY motors and Jegs have them. Do a search in this website for discussion UNDER REMOTE OIL FLILTER. Norm Miller"s website shows a picture . fORD RACING PART NUMBER IS M6880A50

Thanks, I have seen this adapter but wasn't sure about it. This might be the preferred path for me.

pcf21

New forum user
CAT Member
Congratulations on the restoration,

for th gauges MOMA and Noisinger are 2 well respected companies that are familiar with the sunbeam gauges anddo postal rebuilds.

for the remote filer setup, if you want to move the filter some people put it in the front guard, some just use the ford 90deg adaptor and have it on the block.. pics of frotn guard:

OK, looks like I have some choices on the gauges as well.

Thanks everyone for the help

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
About your remote oil filter location question:

Tom Hall's blue Lord Rootes winning Tiger has a nice clean open engine compartment due to his decision to relocate the oil filter to inside the left front fender, behind the headlight and above and in front of the wheel.

Personally, on street Tigers, I like to use the "shorty" oil filters and screw them directly into the block. That really opens up the compartment.

On the race Tiger I have dual filters in the Tom Hall / left fender location. However over this winter those will probably move.

bt

chirodoc

Gold forum user
OIL FILTER REMOTE

I got my remote setup from Frey racing/STOA in the Bay area. Jim is gone but Tom Hall @ MOD TIGER can probably set you up with something similar. The beauty of this setup is that when changing the filter there is plenty of room to work and you don't drip oil in the engine compartment. The remote filter adapter mounts right behind the headlight bucket, but the filter is vertical intead of at an angle as the Ford MOTORSPORT or the picture in the above post.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
this

547p61.jpg
[/IMG]