Ford 260 pistons

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The only new pistons I have found for the Ford 260 are the cast Silv-o-lite brand made by UEM pistons.
Does anyone know of other alternative manufacturers?
Thanks

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry, but I only found mahle rings at Jegs. Maybe you have a part number?

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
pfreen, What are you looking for in a 260 piston?

UEM makes STD, +30, +40 and +60 for the 260

Are you looking for different sizes?

Through the decades, there has been a lot of shake-up in piston sources,

I'm surprised 260 pistons are still quite available, on the shelf.

DW

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I know uem makes them. I don't even know if I need pistons until I get into my engine.
I am in the planning stage.
I am surprised there are not many options. If the engine was a 289, many options.

kenmat

Silver forum user
CAT Member
pfreem,
I know of a set of brand new custom forged pistons for the 260 3.820" Have rings & pins, eyebrows for valve clearance. Built to achieve 8.4 or 8.6 CR don't remember which .Cost around $1,600
They are surplus to the engine shop.. Might be a super deal . Also, for free..A Tiger 260 block completely cleaned and machined ..bored .020 over. Has a sleeve in one cylinder which has been there a long time and expertly installed.
If you are interested in either give me a call at (214) 856 - 5124
Regards,
Ken

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Have you tried AutoTec / RaceTec in Huntington beach? AutoTec used to be about $800 for a custom set of 260 pistons.

Warren

Gold forum user
On a slightly related 260 topic. I have a set of rebuilt 260 heads . Converted rocker studs and look to have fresh valves etc. They came out of Lee's old late MK1A.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
It's 4" bore for a 289. I need 3.80" bore.
Thanks though.
I have not tried Autotec/Racetec. I will contact.
that's what I for trusting a google search!... should have looked at the description closely.. I did find that Mac's does carry pistons for the 260. Unfortunately they are not specific as to manufacturer... they do look like the silvolite ones tho...

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I saw them as well. I am surprised. For my Lotus, there are probably ten different pistons to choose from. I thought a Ford small block would at least be the same, if not more.