Forum 2023 AKA The New Look

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
CAT Forum 2023
You may have noticed some changes to the Forum.

I Take the BLAME!

I started ruffling some very smooth feathers in the CAT Forum nest.

I frequent several Forums and the CAT forum is the most Static,
that I see.

So I am leaning on Buck (at the beach) and Theo (Theo_s) to make some
changes.

I was Warned that the changes made, Without specific direction,
may not sit well with everyone, But I encouraged them to make some changes.

The Drawing in the background IS one of those "Not everyone will like it"
THINGS.

BUT, it can and WILL get changed...at some point.

I suggested more pictures, and even a Picture of the WEEK or Month.

Other changes have been made, that are less noticeable.
And more changes are coming, I hope.

DW

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Solid background, picture is not really a good aesthetic to the site. It has odd transparency issues with some of the text in the bread crumbs as well distracting IMO. Just looks odd.

Sandy

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I always see the forum on my phone and noticed tbe static drawing in the background a few days back.. But for me it obly shoes in slim zones between posts.. So almost not seen... May e different on a pc

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I was intrigued by the new technical drawing background and wanted to see more of it. If you click on the image search tab you get to see most all of the drawing.

KenF

Gold forum user
It's a pretty cool drawing when viewed without the "horizontal blinds." Thanks DW!

Tiger-Line-Drawing-Side-View.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
Other clubs have a calendars which all cost to print and mail out to their members. I'm sure that it's a significant expense to do so. For years we had the little red and Med blue Tiger devised by the daughter or niece I think, of Steve Ralsten. He put together the first version of the forum and handed it off to Rick Mueller. I was involved with Rick and asked Steve to work with a change but Rick wasn't sure how to and Steve had an emotional attachment just like he did with his Alpine 260 . I'll pause the history lesson here and get back to my bosses point. Dan W. SPMDR, suggested that we have a similar look to the Alpine forum found here.

https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php

I suggested easier things like a forum sub section which would be easy to add from the forum manager page.

Truth be told despite the removal of banners listing forum leaders. I still get and received 3 disapproving comments about the partially visible blueprint. So if this thread had a poll which could be responded to ...

PS it'd be super simple to posts these drawings in a member only section. In my humble opinion the club donated a lot to RACT and could use some wallpaper as could my garage. :)

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
So, Yes, I think the Alpine forum folks did a better job COSMETICALLY with their forum than CAT,

BUT, Theo and Buck have managed to pull off a unique look for this Forum, a VERY welcome change

in my book!.

The only issue I have with the background drawing is it makes reading a thread title difficult.

IF the Thread title was in it's own box like the other text, it would be better.

Now that the line drawing has been revealed, Time to start the critique of it!

A NEW quiz!

How MANY (don't name them) irregularities (from the actual car) can you find in the Drawing?

Without looking too deep, I see 3+.

...I know there SHOULD be a Handicap for some but...

DW

Tiger-Line-Drawing-Side-View.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
I agree no prize for winning, yet but for 7 days let's open this up to those with less than 100 postings.