French tiger b9473536 lrxfe

Pooloo

Bronze forum user
Hello

I m paul,34,new on your great forum and new in tiger 260 since 2 weeks.
After have seen the car in Holland ,i mailed Norman miller who confirmed me she was a genuine and she came from seattle before lynnwood. The guys from Holland bought it in 2008,and finally me 2 weeks ago to Paris.What a travel...
She got a beautifull red paint,a 4-barrel holley,f-4b manifold and air filter Edelbrock,new fuel pump,new carpets,she really run great ,what a beast !,what a sound ! I call her "Christine"...
I drove before a triumph spitfire 1500,and now ,it sounds different in the little streets of Paris... I m so happy, she s the car i always wanted ,since my father got an alpine 4. And i got it !
There is only the needle of the speedometer which seems dead and the cable is ok;i tried to carefully clean the speedo but nothing...,so if someone got that in stock...i ll buy it!
The rooky i m will take all your good advices,so don t hesitate !
Thank you all and sorry for my poor english...
Happy tigerist !!!

Paul

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Paul,

welcome to the board. A good idea would be to join CAT and buy a copy of their shop notes, lots of useful tips.

As for the speedo, you are unlikely to need a new one, just rebuild yours. The needles can bind.. sometimes all they need is a light oil and clean.

Otherwise there are probably some good shops in the Uk that can do a good job on the smiths gauges.. and being in france would not be a long turn around time.. maybe try the STOC club for some more local assistance

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Happy to hear about another happy Tiger owner in EU. If you need any help pls. sent a PM. We are located in Germany and have a Tiger crowd of at least60+ Tigers over here. Joining CAT is also higly recommended because of their nice members & excellent newsletter...