front end

tigermike

New forum user
CAT Member
Has any had first hand experience with Dale's midget steering rack/mgb steering arms kit or his complete front end kit.Thanks
Mike::cool:

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
I have experiance with both.....I currently have the complete front end
on my Tiger with the new six piston calipers. The new front end is outsatnding
and really transforms the Tiger into another dimension. If you can afford
the $6k price of admission it's worth every penny.
Moondoggie

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
My understanding is that Dale no longer has the MG Rack conversion kit available, but that may be old news.

There was a fairly helpful discussion thread back in 9/09 that included info on this conversion. Do a search on "Front end mods !" and you should find it.

Gene

67MKII

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Moondoggie,
What kind headers are those peaking out from under your car?

John

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Moondoggie,
What kind headers are those peaking out from under your car?

John

Good eyes !!! These are Cat forum headers E02M but I am told they are from a special run of larger tube than what is available now. Excellent quality and all you need to do is have them ceramic coated inside and out..they fit really really tight on both sides.....

Moondoggie

Tucker

Bronze forum user
Moondoggie,

i have been contemplating Dale's new front suspension as well. would you mind me asking what components you went with? what shocks, coilovers, sway bar package? additionally, are the new 6 piston brakes from Dale as well?

Many Thanks,

tucker

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Tucker,

I went with the QA1 shocks front and rear with the 9-400 springs up front
and in the rear I have Dales leaf springs. The sway bar is the 1 " hollow with a .188 wall, this is the standard sway bar.

I had Dales the large brake package on my stock front end but he didn't have an adapter package put together for those brakes, wilwood mini lites. Dale was working on the new six piston option at the time so I opted for those and sold my old package, I have 16" wheels so I had room for bigger stuff.

The difference is amazing and the car just handles so much better on the street. With the coil over front suspension you have tons of adjustment
and setting the road high is a snap. The brakes are awesome and I also have
wilwoods in the rear all using the stock Tiger master cylinder with the stock
5" booster that was rebuilt by Bill Martin. Did I mention that the brakes work really well and I no longer fear for my life in a panic situation as with the stock brakes....

Moondoggie

tigermike

New forum user
CAT Member
wilwood rear brakes

do you think it is essential to go with the wilwood rear brakes or will the stock rear drum brakes work just fine with the wilwood front brakes

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Mine are the newer 1 5/8" headers.......

As for rear disc brakes !!! You get 80%+ braking off your front brakes so it's not essential to have rear disc brakes unless you have wheels that show off
the brakes like pansports. Dales rear brake package is very nice and the parking brake set up works better than the stock drum brakes. I don't know of a modern sports car these days that has drums on the rear.......If I had to do it over again I would put disc's on the rear...I can shoot some pictures of brakes front and rear later on today and post them.......

DALE you are going to owe me for this free advertising...lol

Moondoggie