George Boskoff and Carroll Shelby at SUNI IV

66Tiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I posted this on the Team.net mailing list yesterday, but I'll mention it here, too, to make sure everyone gets the news. I was finally able to find the video I took of George Boskoff and Carroll Shelby at SUNI IV back in 2004 and upload it for all to view. In it, they talk about the early days of Shelby American and the creation of the Sunbeam Tiger.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks, Arden! From the horses mouth, as the saying goes. I like the way George would send the parts runner to get every possible application for a particular part at the Ford dealer, and by process of elimination, would find the one the fit the best.

There is a similar interview of George from the United at Mammoth, but it hasn't seen the light of day, as of yet. Maybe someday. At least I was there to hear that one...

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Arden,

Again thanks for going to the effort to post it. I was there but it was great to hear it all over again.

As far as the video of George taken at Mammoth not seeing the light of day... Participants at last year's TU at the Queen Mary were given a copy. I think CAT parts may also sell it for a nominal fee. It's a great presentation.

BTW, George plans to attend Monterey in August.

bt

Warren

Gold forum user
Thanks for posting this

A couple of weeks ago Buck and Mike brought "The celebrity" to a local round up of cars at the Redondo Beach pier. Not to be a spoiler but some pics and add'l commentary is slated for the Tiger Tales coming up so join up now! I hope there is some room with the Tigers utd story, as the marquee event.

Lucky for me to be able to rub shoulders with George at one of my boyhood stomping grounds. I used to race slot cars at Thunder Thumb race way, now Int'l boardwalk and see movies at the old Fox Redondo. Maybe my car loving started watching the TV ad aired as a public service spot.
Remember the kid with the plastic car pushing it about on the floor saying vroom vroom then tires skidding noise a mock crash and the "a car is not a toy" I guess I though then and still do, why sure it is a favorite toy, just don't crash it..

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Arden,

Again thanks for going to the effort to post it. I was there but it was great to hear it all over again.

As far as the video of George taken at Mammoth not seeing the light of day... Participants at last year's TU at the Queen Mary were given a copy. I think CAT parts may also sell it for a nominal fee. It's a great presentation.

BTW, George plans to attend Monterey in August.

bt

George's talk at Mammoth was very informative- lots of specifics on the building of the prototype- a great presentation!