Getting my car ready for sale

ahetzel

Gold forum user
Need some help.

I am selling my Tiger. This car is in #2 or better condition according to Hagerty and is complete and reliable. Anything that needs to be attended to has been. I realize that the Tiger market is down right now but was hoping that you could provide the best avenues to market the car in.

Here is a video about the car. It does come with the original wheels and two sets of correct cross hatched trim rings and is TAC'd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQVY05Jwevs

And yes, if you watch the video, all original parts are included and the original cigarette lighter is included. I take it out at shows so it doesn't disappear!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sagging Market, NO!

Good cars bring good money. Because a few people have settled for less, OR, dragged wounded critters to market, does not mean Tiger values are dropping. There is a shift in demand. Temporary enigma only. Pick your price and hold.
Just sayin'

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bring your Tiger to the TEAE United in Wisconsin in August and put a for sale sign on it. That way Sunbeam folks can get a good look at it and spread the word too!

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Values

Randy, you are absolutely correct. Good cars will command good money, cars with needs, or are “storied” cars will also be sold but for realistic values concerning their issues. Let’s not forget about the Amelia Island Mkl that sold last March for $150k+ . Pretty strong money for a car that Hagerty says that Tigers have slumped. You need the right venue and right time of year, coupled with at least two bidders that want that car.
Brian

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I think the "values have slumped" is more a correction and the end of a hype period after the 2014 anniversary and the recent peak of the mid-level classic boom.

There was lots of speculation and musical chairs. Some fairly ropey cars got caught in the hype of quickly rising values and the last affordable 60s shelby fever.

Good original cars and top restos or tasteful resto mods will bring strong money, but not the 2014 prices.

If a car is a straight, solid original car it will keep solid value and hopefully rise at a sensible pace, same for well documented well finished restos.

There will be outlier high prices and occasional shady cars brining strong money by fresh buyers... But overall i think the market is returning to reality. Less general demand for the cars will soften prices... However it will strengthen prices for good cars.

Just my .02

ahetzel

Gold forum user
Like other long term Tiger owners, I have happily put a lot of time and love into this car and will not sell it to some schlub just for money. The original owner was a staple in the Tiger community that really took care of this car. It sold to a "hobbyist" that didn't take car of it, appreciate or know much about it and finally tired of it. We were happy to get it and so started the journey.

I live in the Midwest were it is hard to get a TAC done. I worked with Curt Bowland to find 12 other Tigers that needed to be TAC'd. We got Rob Roy, Duke and Patrick to come to my home and we hosted the TAC as a service to the local Tiger community and to get our car done. We had perfect MKII's to a complete barn find and everything in between (a few pictures attached which you might enjoy and yes the barn find was completely restored).

This car has been appreciated and taken to so many wonderful events and concours that I stopped competing for trophies. Circumstances dictate that I must part with this car but need to find a great home for it. Just not sure the best way to do that. This car was my partners dream. I found it and took care of it for her. We took trips in this car every week during the summers. She died in 2016 and my heart just isn't in it anymore. Maybe I just need some luck but it needs to go to the right custodian.

Attachments

• Anderson1 Rob Roy.jpg
    Anderson1 Rob Roy.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Barn Find 2.jpg
    Barn Find 2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Marz 1.jpg
    Marz 1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Marz2 King Roy Duke.jpg
    Marz2 King Roy Duke.jpg