Golden Cove All British Car Meet and Tiger Club Meeting Sunday Feb 20th

Added to Calendar: 02-20-22

Dan MacMedan

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Hello all,
We will be gathering at the Golden Cove All British Car Meet on Sunday February 20th. The cars gather about 8:30 am and stay till about noon. We will hold a club meeting about 10 am. This is an outdoor event and so chance of postponement is negligible!

Golden Cove Shopping Center
31250 Palos Verdes Drive
Rancho Palos Verdes, California 90274

This is a regular gathering on the Third SUNDAY of every month – LBC’s of all Marques. Located on the Palos Verdes Penninsula this venue has a lovely drive approach and an ocean view parking lot when you arrive.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 10.44.31 AM.png

Warren

Gold forum user
This somewhat informal meeting is a great monthly event. At the end of Hawthorne Blvd in Palos Verdes . There's a Trader Joe's, Subway, Yellow Vase for a good breakfast , and across the street is the Point Fermin lighthouse a favorite of Mrs. Warren for whale watching . There's also a Mexican restaurant and a 7-11 with fuel pumps and a Starbucks. It's been my favorite for years and through 2020. So if socially distancing is your thing it doesn't get much better. Here's a couple of pictures.

IMG_20220107_140631.jpg

IMG_20220107_140613.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
Test run is coming up this month on Sunday. The weather is often clear and cold by So. Cal. standards.
I have a list of locals I would text about the event as it's easy to forget which Sunday it is :)

Warren

Gold forum user
Here's a couple of pictures from today. The last ones are of the park on the cliffs next to the lighthouse.

PXL_20220116_170115437.jpg

PXL_20220116_170052903.jpg

PXL_20220116_165720617.jpg

PXL_20220116_162036342.jpg

PXL_20220116_161906708.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
At the old Nissan site very close to the Gardens Shelby on Figueroa there's another show so the early risers can get a bigger fix of cars. It is formerly known as clutch and coffee and it's a real cross section of cars.
It's probably en route for a lot of those planning to attend. Unfortunately they don't get that the year of the Tiger should have cars called the Tiger. Likely I'll head over there and leave at 8 ish for Golden Cove.
Hopefully some of y'all will make it and do a double.

Screenshot_20220213-174328.png

MT Roads

Silver forum user
A few more event pics here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68999653@N07/albums/72177720297150861 [Tigers]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68999653@N07/albums/72177720297150070 [All Other Cars]

[Let me know if these links don’t work.]

I think that I got all the Tigers & then a few of the “others” at the event. Most are not captioned yet [may never be]. If anyone wants a face, image, car or license plate blocked out or removed, just let me know.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Warren

Gold forum user
Jay, you must be logged in on Flickr. Why use them when you can make an album here, either public or private and viewable by registered users or open to Google etc. Golden Cove is monthly and the shopping center wants us there.

Screenshot_20220325-104128.png

MT Roads

Silver forum user
Warren, Thanks for the Heads Up. I had no idea there was such a feature on this site & I will check it out.

I have used Flikr for a number of years & have posted links here before that did work [I am almost certain]. So I may have posted the wrong link, or this may be a change made by Flikr. I’ll try to determine.

I sometimes take more than 1 pic of a car if I can’t get a clear view I want [front, side, engine, whatever], I will come back to it later. Then some of the pics of a car are not “in order” & are scattered if I try to download as a batch from the camera. If I download only 1 at a time & try to rearrange as I go, then it becomes very time consuming also.

In Flikr it is easy to move the pics around to collect them together. I have not yet learned how to do that with the in-site feature, or if it is even possible. Learning curve work to do.

Meanwhile, try these links – I may have “inadvertently” posted the “wrong” type of link:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/68999653@N07/Sm636m
[for the Tigers]

https://www.flickr.com/gp/68999653@N07/g15yq6
[The “Others”]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Warren

Gold forum user
Jay great job. My only concern is the many pictures that were lost as hosting sites went belly up.
Those pictures were lost were descriptive in nature and threads no longer had their intended meaning. I'm getting robotic reminders to pay for a hosting site or my pictures will be deleted. We'd love to have your content live past you're ability or desire to pay them ;)