Grease that shifter

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
E89DFBC1-9E88-42AF-B106-6917902A0412.png
05C03C7B-11B7-40AF-8509-A0D05E8E398F.jpeg

4C1CD4C8-550A-49A1-971D-BC97D147A14A.png

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
If you have a rattle from your gearshifter you can remedy that by pumping grease down it. You will need to make an adapter with 1/2 20 threads on one end and a grease zerk on the other. Use hot glue to fill the holes where the reverse lock out is Then pump away , remove the glue and activate the lock out to get that grease really moving and repeat if you wish.
It also lubricates the spring loaded pads that hold tension on the lever Remove the adapter and replace the gear knob or leave it on as a custom job !

Warren

Gold forum user
I heard grease is the word but that's Hollywood :)
I've used a spray can white lithium grease. It's certainly my linkage that likes to need a shot now and then.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
On a warm day my shifter body/shaft gets pretty warm, I would wonder if the grease would melt and then your back to the rattle again.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
On a warm day my shifter body/shaft gets pretty warm, I would wonder if the grease would melt and then your back to the rattle again.
If you can hear that rattle, yer motor ain't runnin'

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Use Redline CV2 synthetic red grease it is good to 400 degrees