Greasy Parts: The Perfect Solution

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
We have all dealt with greasy parts at one time or another. We have all used every chemical known to man to try and get our parts looking new again. Some of the auto store cleaners are expensive and don't work very well either. But I got a tip from a Texas shade tree mechanic who gave me the perfect solution to degreasing parts: Pine-Sol. Yup, Original Pine Sol will clean your parts like new. However, you must be patient. I usually soak grease laden parts for 24-48 hours and they come out totally degreased. A simple rinse with soapy water and a little scrubbing with a tooth brush or stiff paint brush and you have a sparkling new part. You can use the PineSol over and over again. I just strain the used liquid through cheesecloth to remove any dirt and chunks from it. And you can buy a jug of Pine-Sol that I can barely lift for under $10 at Home Depot. Trust me. Try this and you will never buy a parts cleaner again.

Rick

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting. Do you use at full strength or dilute it at all?

Full strength. And you can reuse it several times by filtering the used Pine Sol through cheese cloth or other filter to remove any chunks of stuff left in the container.

Rick