Wanted Grill Center Badge surround

TigerBob86

Silver forum user
I'm looking for the center badge surround for my grill. I can get the other pieces from Rick.

From his catalog it is described as: CHROME SURROUND, GRILL CENTER BADGE ET108

Thanks,
Bob
bobdixon at frii dot com

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob,

Do you need the smooth finish one or the textured one with the 4 impressions, what vin is the car?

TigerBob86

Silver forum user
It's 9473118. Kind of an oddball. Metal soft top enclosure and square corner doors and hood. Based on the unleaded seems, it's more like a Mk1a than a Mk1.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob, the later mki, '65 were known as cross body cars, they share the same details as the late siv alpine. They have the metal covers for soft top, square bonnet and doors with seams exposed on sills and on the front scuttle, but round boot pannel and filled seams there.

On the Tiger on the cross body they also switched to the GT interior, with the padded door top rolls and embossed door panels.

Your car would have had the smooth centre grill badge surrounding.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hmm, mine does not have a GT interior??

Check to see if you still have the GT doors, there are little top hap brackets that the door trim panel mounts to. Also the 1/4 light frames have a deeper base to them, do they sit a little proud of the top of the painted area on the top of the door above your door trim?

Sometimes people just use standard door trims when restoring the cars, my mkia had the ST door trims and even the 1/4 light had been swapped over, but it still had the original GT doors with the top hats.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Pretty Shiny Stuff

I'm looking for the center badge surround for my grill. I can get the other pieces from Rick.

From his catalog it is described as: CHROME SURROUND, GRILL CENTER BADGE ET108

Thanks,
Bob
bobdixon at frii dot com

I have some quality ($$) re-chromed here and some also-ran re-chromed. PM me for details.

TigerBob86

Silver forum user
Thanks everyone. I have a nice shiny surround on the way. It will look like a chandelier in a haunted house but it's a start.