Hagerty Magazine - Barn Find Hunter

KenF

Gold forum user
The new Hagerty magazine has a teaser Barn Find Hunter article about a junkyard owner who retired and moved his private collection to warehouse.
Says to see the collection at YouTube.com/hagerty, but it doesn't look like they've posted it yet.

IMG_7423.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
What is the round metal thing to the left of the brake/ turn signal mounted on the bodywork

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What is the round metal thing to the left of the brake/ turn signal mounted on the bodywork
It looks similar to the remaining mounts for the luggage rack on the trunk (boot) lid. But I can't image what someone might want to mount there. At first, I wondered if it might be the external lock for a battery kill switch, but I am not used to them being mounted externally. Good question!

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
Well that’s the second one I saw with the antenna in that location. The first is on our Mk2 previously owned by the Bishops.

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I think they are trying to remove the hood , the guy on the left and the one in the blue are lifting while the one on the left is pushing down ! Wonder what their conversation is

KenF

Gold forum user
Almost looks like they unbolted the front hinges due to a broken or misaligned hood latch.

unbeam

Silver forum user
CAT Member
In the 1980s, I dropped by to check out what they had. Named Sports Car Salvage, located in Mount Holly, just outside Charlotte. He had a number of Sunbeams on the grounds, and the Lotus on the roof. I didn't need anything specific, but got the feeling that it was hard for him to let go of the parts. At least 10 years ago I visited again. Had a nice talk with him. His health issues included heart failure to the point of having had a heart transplant. There were 4 Tigers as I recall in the building, the white one, one in primer, and cannot remember the other colors. Asking if he would sell any of them, he stated he planned to restore them some day. Quite a character. He had previously raced, and I believe he raced a green Mk 1. Saw that for sale, strapped to a pallet, since the entire X frame had rusted away. Looking down, there was nothing there. Surprisingly, the rockers were still intact. This was salvaged as a track car, and I saw it again in Columbia SC at the show. Have not been able to locate the You Tube video yet. David