Halibrand

Pooloo

Bronze forum user
Hello guys

This Paul from Paris ,France
First of all,thank for this amazing site,you are a bible for me !

My last post was about my dyno run and i told i will post the graph from my father's computer,but i finally didn t had time for. Sorry,i will do it in christmas,promise .I m still connected with the world with a poor i-phone...so if someone is interested and want give me his mail adress,i will send by mail a video of the dyno.

I write you about Halibrand i m gonna buy in GB , image wheel.com,and they have an incredible choice of rims,4 or 5 stud,spinners,polish lip or not,billet or cast, coeted,big choice ...
I think go in 195/50/15,with 7" width to change the foot of my Christine actually on 205/60/13 with mercury capri wheels

Someone knows those guys?
What do you think about the Halibrand style and the size?
The offset will be 4",do you think it s ok?

Thank you all ,

Paul

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I spoke to Image wheels 2 years ago about their halibrand and brm style wheels.. they were very expensive.. there are a few uys in the UK using the halibrand GT40/Corba style wheels in 15x6 and 7 on their tigers.. so maybe drop by the STOC site... personally would buy them from PS wheels in the USA.. some members here have them.. good wheels.. they know tiger offsets well and rhey are a lot cheaper

Pooloo

Bronze forum user
Hello Michael

Thank you for your advice.
The problem for me is the cost shipping and the time from US to France...more,we there is a cop tax at the entry of our fabulous europe...
I can get them for ~1800 $ which include the 4 wheels,nuts,spinners,shipping,anodized inner,polish lip and ceramic coated center (seems to be a new nano proceed),which give a satin result.
It s pretty difficult to find those wheels,even on the web(ebay etc...)
And they seem to be serious,so...

Cheers

Paul

Pooloo

Bronze forum user
@mickael

Thank for the link,i thought have read all the thread to find photos of cat with halibrand ! That convince me they are really beautiful and change with always-the-same panasport. I still hesitate between the clear grey center and the anthracite one...and i m not sure to take spinners.
PS wheels seems to make big stuff,but they don t speak about prices.

@cobra

I don t have rub with front with 205,but it can touch at the rear when i drive fast and if there is a big compression,i can ear at rear left a "ziiiip",how can you do with 225? what are your offset and backspacing?

About tires i may go with toyo , bridgestone potenza s03 or good year gsd3.
Have you an idea of what is the best?

Thank you both for your responses,this site and the guys here are like our cars; really cool...

Cheers

Paul

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Goodyear is a great tire. As far as rim size and offset I am not sure--they are the Panasports, 15x6 and 15x7 I believe, they were on the car when I bought it. This rim is popular so I am sure someone on here can tell you the offset that most Tiger people are running. Good luck in your quest.

AshUK

Silver forum user
View attachment 1421Hi Paul

I have done some research on Halibrand style wheels and found that the only rims PS Vintage wheels supply that fit a Tiger correctly are the "Kidney Bean" 4 or 5 port. Their GT40 4 lug will stick out of the bodywork at the front so you would need to fabricate new front hubs.

Image Wheels in the UK are your best bet for GT40 style as they will fit properly and are available in 15" and 16". The spinners look very fake though so may be worth getting those from the USA?

The red car has 16" and used spinners from the States whilst the black mk11 is in Germany and are 15"

Cheers
Ash

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Ash, the usual questions. What size tires are on the wheels?

Also, is that your plane in the hanger? If I had a plane and a Tiger, I would have a headache every free day! Do I fly or do I drive? I worked at the Mooney factory back in the 60's during the summers and would have loved to have had one of my own some day. At least I have my Tiger!

Cheers, Gene

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Look fake?

Pardon me if I sound mean but those spinners ARE fake knock offs. :rolleyes:

And just for looks.

The lug nuts are clearly holding the wheels on?

Rick

AshUK

Silver forum user
Gene,

No not my plane I am afraid and that car was in California until recently but now I believe resides in the UK?

Tyrewise for 16" 205 45 16 front and 225 45 16 rear are popular. For 15" 195 55 15 front 205 50 15 rear?

Rick you are quite right they are all fake and look fake but some look better than others? You could always spend an extra couple of grand and have real ones?:)

Regards
Ash

Warren

Gold forum user
Fake Knock offs

Most of us old timers remember.

After James Bond in his DB 7 with the tire slicing and dicing scene the gov't that protects us all USA killed the mfg. and thus import of any new car in their tax code like F.M.V.S.S. of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. So we all have to retro engineer a "FAKE" item. Real life does not fit reality they were about concerned pedestrians, and certainly not speed in the pits changing tyres.

Some prefer dog dish hub caps and some fake spinners, it's the spice of Life.
At least they are not those constantly spinning after the car stops. Hey that would be kinda cool if they keep spinning like 007's car. Yes, I wanted a Corgi toy DB7 as a yout, and early Jag rag top now with real knock offs.

W.

Pooloo

Bronze forum user
@ all
Thank for your advices

I think i m gonna buy those wheels,my Christine has the same red on the pics of AshUK (thank for that),and,in my taste, they look pretty good !

But i agree with you all,the spinners seem too fake,i will don t go with them.

Thank again

Cheers

Paul