Headrests

Warren

Gold forum user
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Al...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Saw these on ePay and was tempted then the bidding went too high.

Additional picture added of another way I have seen headrests added without changing seats. I have also seen the old J.C. Whitney style that you see on old Porsche but the only picture I have has a girl on the rear boot blocking the shot. I'd post thatThe old sofa bolster type with the added brackets? Try

It's been something I have wanted since I got a light rear end while driving a low seat Falcon. Suggestions welcome

Attachments

• Headrest mod.jpg
    Headrest mod.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 123
  • Headrest.jpg
    Headrest.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Microcell did offer the seats with headrests.. They were winged. I used to have photos of them on the net. Some early series 3 alpine press cars had them and the workd rally tigers used them on the navigators seats... They are probably in an old post on cat forum of mine

Warren

Gold forum user
Another shot

Thanks JD , here is a pic of a headrest like I was talking. Just happens to have prototype and a glam shot in the way.

Attachments

• Headrests n boot .jpg
    Headrests n boot .jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 123

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Found these on a Series V in Canada.

J.D.

J.D. Interestingly enough I have that pair of headrests sitting in my shed. They came with a car and bunch of parts I had bought a few years ago north of Toronto, Ontario. Do you know anything about them? They just slide over a seat. Doesn't seem like they would really function as a safety feature, just maybe some support when your neck gets tired on a long trip.....

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
'Looking Cool' is an individual preference. I don't have a use for them (see attached pic of my seats) and would be happy to sell them to someone who would appreciate them....

Attachments

• 67 Mk1a Blue 28.jpg
    67 Mk1a Blue 28.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 119

Warren

Gold forum user
Miata etc

I have a pair of Mercury Capri seats and remember Chuck Daly's Volvo 122 seats. Thinking something period but not another fab and drilling job. The Miata seats while comfortable just don't look the part. Racing seats do a great job at being racing seats but I'm not to the point of having two cars a Gentleman racer and a GT cruiser. Too many projects may be the death of me . I had to take a refresher lesson from a fellow member in how to just say no to another.