Hi po exhaust manifolds.

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mal,

Whie i have answered your post eleswhere might be useful to some on CAT board:

The headers are the "tri Y" headers that were available for the Tigers as part of the LAT options (LAt 27). They apparently offer better low down torque than the 4 branch LAT setup, they also require a special motor mount on the LHS IIRC and special collector pipes.

These have been repro'ed a few times, there is a guy in Canada, Grant, who had the original tooling and made some repros of the headers, mount and also the collector pipes you need for these.. this is just the headers, so lots of other bits required....

Tri Y's were available for other cars, cobra, mustang etc.. all the same headers, with different casting names and pipes to suit the various applications.

As a side note, he is asking for big $ and is the same seller asking almost 1500 for the Tiger gauges.

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dual Pattern Bellhousing

The dual pattern bellhousings are extremely common. They are actually truck bellhousings, that came on a gazillion Ford pickups and vans. They are cast iron and weigh about 35 lbs (Yuck!). They do have the dual pattern bosses cast on the inside, but only the outer pattern is drilled. Unfortunately, you have to change to the larger 164 tooth flywheel and use a different starter. You can find the bellhousings at most any junk yard. Pick-Your-Part junk yards sell them for $26.99 and you can get them for only $13.49 on Half Price Days.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dual Pattern Bells

Keeping the eye on weight gain, I always simply weld in the inner boss pattern on the stock 6-bolt aluminum housing. Some bells will require finding the larger front bearing retainer for your tranny to keep things centered. The photo show a bell I machined a bushing ring into when I couldn't find the larger bearing retainer in a hurry.