Horn hole block plates

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Who's got a source for those horn hole plugs? Plastic/metal/duct tape/etc.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
You make a cardboard template and then cut them from aluminum, paint black. Put some stick on foam insulation around the parameter and you are done.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks

Will pass the assembly instructions to the lady who asked about them, but I think she wuz hopin' to buy a set and avoid manicure damage . . . . . .with Mutha Nature invading our space so much this season, we're too far behind to accomodate new challenges , rw

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
There are pics and a template with dimensions of what I came up with in my profile album photos.

Justin

Warren

Gold forum user
Home Depot shingle tab

Very easy to use the galv. shingle tabs and trim to size with tin snips. They also have some heavy foil tape used in the heating and a/c duct section, but I am not sure if I will use that or just a small sheet metal screw. I have a slot cut for the bracket of the horn to mount thru. Not quite there yet as the body shop that painted the car for the PO had used whatever nut and bolt was around.

The metal shingles are not quite large enough to cover the hole so I added a small upper tab and pop riveted it.

A little black paint and grommet for the wire pass thru and it should be presentable.

I will try to post a pic. of by under 3 dollar fix.

Warren in So. Cal.

Erich

Gold forum user
You also need to make a longer horn mounting bracket to get the horn fully in front of the hole. Can't make it too long or the horn wires won't reach.
Ask me how I know..........