Hose connection

Warren

Gold forum user
In cleaning up my unorganized and cluttered up picture files here's a water hose fitting. Diagram and measurements are included for crafting your own. The tools pictured are old plumbing tools that have a small ball bearing in it that makes the ridge in the pipe that you see. I made these pictures some time ago after I had given the part away to a power building a stock display engine.

IMG_20160511_102019626.jpg

IMG_20160511_101856884.jpg

IMG_20160511_112629168.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
Just so you can explain what those tools were used for in the plumbing world...
Back in the day when you had exposed pedestal sink s and chrome supply tubes you would make your own by the use of cone washers etc. and beading the tube you would cut to the length desired. I can't remember the proper name of those tools but as you turn the right angle handle it pushes the ball bearing out and creates the ridge in your pipe.
PS I didn't get the ridge tools from the auto parts store usually I will put something in the background as a sizer reference that's what that gift card is.

Warren

Gold forum user
Look closely at the 1/8 ish ridge on the pieces. The purpose of the ridge is to keep the hose and hose clamp from pushing off and otherwise smooth piece of tubing. As you turn the tool it forces the ball bearing into an outward position when inserted into the pipe.
In the reverse lets the ball bearing fall back into its little slot so you can remove the tool on your beaded piece of tubing.
You'll never find this tool unless you go to a real plumbing supply house, or know the exact name of it because I sure don't remember.