How are the tool clips attached to the trunk floor

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Can someone tell me how the tool clips were originally attached to the trunk floor.

I currently use self tapping screws and speed nuts.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Unfortunately, someone over torqued the sheet metal screw and stripped the holes. I didn't catch it until the care was painted. So, speed nuts it is.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Unfortunately, someone over torqued the sheet metal screw and stripped the holes. I didn't catch it until the care was painted. So, speed nuts it is.
Several times I need to use the next size up slotted panhead.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Several times I need to use the next size up slotted panhead.
I'm not sure what the Tiger used where since the tools / etc. are in a different location but I have the original slotted pan head screws that were original to my green car as well as many others from cars I've parted out. Can't get a clear photo because of rust covering but the diameter of the head is 3/8 ". I've found both 3/8" and 1/2 " length. They are a somewhat coarse thread.

110_1791.JPG

Last edited:

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks. I have some of those screws. Slotted head are not readily available here so I had to order them online. Thus, I have more than I will ever use in my lifetime.šŸ˜Š

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks. I have some of those screws. Slotted head are not readily available here so I had to order them online. Thus, I have more than I will ever use in my lifetime.šŸ˜Š
Try Lowe's, True Value or Ace Hardware stores. Lowe's carries a large selection of fasteners. They'll probably be fine thread which I don't think will be a problem.