If you are what you eat,

Warren

Gold forum user
Maybe you are also what you did drive. The UK Tiger has a thread where the member guys posted their car history. Always interesting to see how guys tastes led them to a Tiger.
1968 International Step Van first yellow then repainted and conv'td. to surfer rolling bedroom metal flake brown with baby moon hubcaps. Always wanted the bumper sticker "don't laugh your daughter may be in here," or the lic. plate frame "If this van is rocking...."
Remember it was the height of the 1975 gas crunch
1966 VW baja bug 36 hp wooo hoooo painted with rattle cans in driveway
1963,1965,1966 Karmann Ghia convert's
1965.1968 1969 VW vans and campers
1964 Bug convert still have thru 3 paint jobs several fenders....
1972 BMW 3.0 CSI The one car I really MISS! 225hp LSD A/C alloys...
1962 Volvo 122 S 4 door
1965 Falcon 2dr H/T 289 2v C4
1964 Falcon Conv. Mrs car still got her too.
1969 VW Westy van, it came back!
1966 Tiger MK1A bought from yard sale connection after buying small Honda cycle.
1 parts Tiger 2 parts Alpines
Don't count Mrs. Mommy family truckster(s)
or Motorcycles
1st. new car for myself 2008 Honda Civic SI
2008 Honda Element SC let kid drive
1992 Chevy S10 P/U for other kid soon
The Tiger is like the Ghia convert for me with much more wow factor. The Ghia verts had built motors kind moderate as they were all daily drivers but the last had a roll bar and dropped front end it was my poor man's Porsche. The Tiger to me is more the poor mans E Type or MB190 SL as I have always been a rag top and rear wheel drive guy.:cool:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I have had close to 54 cars so I will not take up all the room here--but several I have liked.......
5 Tigers
5 Alpines
VW 23 window bus
VW notchback
many bugs
2000 Cobra R Mustang--barely street legal
many Mustangs
Superformance Cobra
many street rods
Yamaha RD350 motorcycle

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If You Are What You Eat

If you are what you eat, then my Tiger must be a Chevelle SS396. It seemed to eat a steady diet of them when I was in college in the early 70s.

David

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I have had close to 54 cars .......

I think W is talking real cars here, not your model collection .... just kidding.

BTW I've purchased only 3 and other than the Tiger nothing spectacular. One before and one after the Tiger. Had them (#1)8, (#2)36, (#3)24 years. Inherited the Caddy noted below which was in the family for 50 years.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I had a die cast addiction years ago--when I got close to 150 my wife put the brakes on. haha. Won't even tell you how many hot wheels I have----could have bought another car with what I have spent on die cast cars. :(

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
OK I get it now

Cars I R In order sort? of. Had some bikes too but only cars on this list. Starts at age 17? N = bought new. A = Auto Trans all the rest sticks.

'56 Chevy Bel air

'67 Olds Cutlass 442 sedan N A

'59 Metropolitan . Commuter from Whittier to Camp Pendlelton.

'69 BMW 2002 N red

'65 Chevy Van 60 A

'72 BMW 2002 N

'71? Mazda 1600 PU w 6Pak Camper

76? Toyota Long Bed PU N keeping 6Pak Camper

'62 Corvair Monza Spyder red

'63 Corvair Monza A

'81 VW Rabbit Convert N red

'84 Toyota Supra red

'66 Tiger (black)

'89 Taurus SHO

'97 Mustang SVT Cobra CA Lic 1LAP 2K red

'66 Tiger (blue)

'89 Taurus SHO (The same car bought it twice)

'66 Tiger (black) (The same car bought it twice)

'03 Infiniti G35 red and still driving it.

The other family cars: Peugeot, 3 Volvo wagons and current Merc E320 wagon driven by spouse Bonnie (Membership Queen) not listed above. Maybe bought by me but not for me.

Rick

Last edited:

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Wow a lot different cars/brands. I just started off with a big Opel and a Fiat 124 spider. After that a lot of Austin Minis/Coopers so I went british. Ultimately several Alpines and 2 Tigers now. But I like Beetles and Try 3 Chevies as well. Especially the grey '55 featured in the movie " two lane backtop" which is one of my all time favorites...

Several motorcycles as well but that's a different story...