Ignition Switch

1965_Tiger

Silver forum user
CAT Member
On the stock switch looking at the wiring diagram i see the brown wire is the hot into the switch on terminal #1 and the white/red to terminal #3 and the white wires to terminal #2 and terminal #4 is for accessory items.

I think that the only 12v is the brown wire to the switch? Is this correct?

i can get the car to turn over but i am not seeing 12v in the run or accessory position.

i installed a new harness from British wiring and i am trying to get everything working prior to reinstalling the dash.

Paul

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
On the stock switch looking at the wiring diagram i see the brown wire is the hot into the switch on terminal #1 and the white/red to terminal #3 and the white wires to terminal #2 and terminal #4 is for accessory items.

I think that the only 12v is the brown wire to the switch? Is this correct?

i can get the car to turn over but i am not seeing 12v in the run or accessory position.

i installed a new harness from British wiring and i am trying to get everything working prior to reinstalling the dash.

Paul
Lately I've noted that the newer wire harnesses no longer combine the 4 whites so that you have to "piggy back" a pair to find enough blades on the switch. That long-ish white wire must twist around the tach pulse sensor before mating with the switch. I suggest that you start with the (2) browns 12V connection and then work your way around the switch with a test light while turning the key positions to I.D. proper contacts for function.