Is anyone making the remote oil filter hoses after 50 years mine sprung a leak

66Tiger289

Silver forum user
SS has none and I talked with Rick and he not planning on getting more. So what have you guys done when the hoses started leaking. I hear hydraulic shop cant make these either.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
That would be me. I was the person who Rick would refer people to for them. I make them for both the MK1/Mk1a and the Mk2.
DSCF0360.JPG
They are made with Gates branded hose with a single wire core wrap and Gates fittings. The hoses are rated at 2000 psi and the fittings are rated at 6000 PSI so they will hold back engine oil pressures of up to 80 psi with no problem. They are a smooth black hose. These are stiffer that the original hose due to the wire inner wrap. The fittings also do not swivel like the originals. They are clocked correctly and test fit before leaving here. I also supply fitting instructions along with the hoses. I recommend that the small fibre washer under the adapter nuts be replaced with thicker nylon washers which can be sourced from Earl's ( a hydraulic and hose supply company)

I sell the MK1/MK1a sets for $275 plus shipping and the Mk2 sets for $475. These are made to order