Jim's Tiger for Sale

turtle

Bronze forum user
1966 Sunbeam Tiger $68,000

MK1a – Matched Numbers

Fourth Owner looking for a good home for this special California Tiger.

Certificate of Authenticity

15” Period Hallibrand Wheels – Stock wheels & covers available

Period-Correct Upholstery – small wear spot

Paint Good to Fair, looks nice but not a Best-in-Class Winner

New Trunk Upholstery

New Dash Wood

New Soft Top & Tonneau Cover

Speedo Cable Wonky, ~5,000 miles on rebuilt engine

Transmission rebuilt MAY 2012

Engine rebuilt SEP 2016

LOTS of Extras + Collectables You Don’t Start A Tiger, You Unleash It

Contact Jim at 760-451-16 six seven for more information and to discuss purchase.

right 1.jpg

right 2.jpg

front.jpg

left rear.jpg

left front.jpg

right rear.jpg

open trunk.jpg

Trunk 1.jpg

engine.jpg

Dash 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim's car has been to many C.A.T. events over the years. I am sure that it is tough for Jim to give up his car. I do hope that he finds a very nice home for Hobbes! And we will miss seeing Jim and Hobbes at our various events. Hopefully he can still show up from time to time.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim's car has been to many C.A.T. events over the years. I am sure that it is tough for Jim to give up his car. I do hope that he finds a very nice home for Hobbes! And we will miss seeing Jim and Hobbes at our various events. Hopefully he can still show up from time to time.
Remember seeing the car in so many issues of TALES over the years... Always stood out for the wheels ;-)

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
was the inner left hand wheel house replaced with an alpine strut cap= looks square off in picture??

Warren

Gold forum user
We've known this car for some time, me going on 11 year's. The car lives a couple miles away from my second home and Alpine storage yard.

turtle

Bronze forum user
was the inner left hand wheel house replaced with an alpine strut cap= looks square off in picture??
Hi Bryan, just found your question (and the posting, actually). We are SO clueless when it comes to internet stuff.
Not sure what the wheel house is. As far as we know there was no replacement with an alpine strut cap. Jim & Janet

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This shows the inner fenders / engine compartment of one of my Alpines.
103_0075.JPG

Last edited:

turtle

Bronze forum user
Hey folks… be aware of price change to $59,000. Vehicle also listed in Hemings and Classic Car Trader for those who cant respond here.

Jim

turtle

Bronze forum user
1966 MK1a $55,000
After Tiger's United, are you hankering for your own Tiger? Or another one? This is perfect Tiger weather and Hobbes is looking for a new home, some new roads to conquer.
Call Jim @ 760-451-1667 if interested.

20220123_125152.jpg