jo collins pink tiger

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Is there any info on this car serial number - color- is it still around

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
According to Norm, this is it residing in the Vancouver B.C. area B9470457

I talked to Tommy Hamilton, former GT350/Tiger race car driver and he said he once owned it and he lived in Campbell River B.C. at the time which is a couple hours north of my location
He also said that as far as he knew it was totaled at some point so not sure what to make of that info and he's passed on now
I also talked to a woman at a car show that was from that area and she said she learned to drive on a dark blue Tiger and the paint was coming off in places and it was pink underneath!

playboy-tiger.jpg

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Ron…I think it may have to stay ‘unresolved’
I’m still waiting to view the Alpine 260 ‘pre’ Tiger but looks like Covid is pushing that back. Hope the aging owner is hanging in there

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim I haven't been able to connect with the guy who built the car in the last 6 months, but the journalist who wrote about the car many decades ago says he hasn't forgotten me and has been rummaging through 50 years of old boxes of his writings, but so far no luck. Unfortunately his wife came down with significant health issues and her care is taking up most of his time. I think he will come through.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I believe the playmates were given the cars - a good investigator could hopefully follow the DMV paper trail.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Built 09/09/64 I've recently found 2 more owners ... and apparently multiple different color paints after the pink it started out as white...

Warren

Gold forum user
I talked to a multiple Tiger owner in Vancouver Island. He said that he owned the car and knows of it's whereabouts. I gave his information to Jim so now I'm sure they chatted it up.
As for being your man I'm just the only guy who shares information that I learn.
Kirk hottigr is referring to CA DMV INF 70 form.
For 5 dollars you can get a name only record for an in system vehicle.
People accuse me of putting riddles into postings :)

Oh and PS the once member unless he's on the do not publish list Ken in Vancouver called me about a car for sale and told me that he wants to owned the pink Tiger

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Only guy?? lol!
Don't hold your breath on the INF 70... I had an 'insider' run both my VIN ( both 66382... and B382... versions ) and 2 different plate # and nothing even though my car was in Cal. for 20 years with a minimum of 3 different owners

I'm up to 4 B.C. owners of the car now but there may be more... here it is 'racing'

IMG-7418.jpg

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I did the INF70 form a few years ago on the first car I ever owned - it was $25 and very vague. Only real info I got was that it was still out there and not scrapped.

Warren

Gold forum user
The last one I did had 5 dollars on the form. Then the next was returned with the check as was out of the computer records. All you will get is a name of the previous owner. After that actress got killed you couldn't pay a few bucks for information on a vehicles owner at the the DMV.
My results were fruitful but then Norm told me my P.O. had history that was of . " He's a guy who played fast and loose." A typical riddle of his I won't decode on line.