Joe Sheppard RIP

JPSBGT

New forum user
I joined your fine community to let you Sebring Alpine fans know that Joe left us on 11/13/19. He was fighting cancer. Joe was asked to consider joining the factory effort in 62 and accepted. Previous he had driven with Colin Chapman, Louis founder in 56/57., Aston Martin 59 And with Comaradi (Porsche Carrera) in 1960. Back in 1971 Joe, who opened Sheppard’s Imports with his father sold me a 67 MKV, triple black. The car was returned for warranty work and was abandoned. I bought it on the condition he would help with rebuilding the engine. I enjoyed it for a few years until kids made it impractical....if any one is in contact with Steve Alcala please have him contact me...thanks

Attachments

• 3E1945D5-2C43-44CA-9E5D-2DC654C9E3E9.jpeg
    3E1945D5-2C43-44CA-9E5D-2DC654C9E3E9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:

JPSBGT

New forum user
I can’t believe the lack of active on this site ? No one knows Steve personally ? Thanks fellas for all the help !

Warren

Gold forum user
Steven43

Is his username I think, sometimes the activity is in the background. I sent this thread to his cell. Not sure if he is working or even in town for the holidays. I replied to your PM with his work number.

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry to hear of the passing of former Sunbeam Factory team driver Joe Sheppard. Joe co-drove my 1962 Sebring Alpine with Tom Paine (with help from Lou Spenser, who also passed away in 2019). I still feel lucky I was able to meet up with Joe in 2012 (with the help from Sunbeam Alpine racing historian, Steve Silverstein) when I took the car back to Sebring for its 50th anniversary.
Steven Alcala
PH (310) 941-0659, cell. I usually never answer my phone. Please leave a voice mail with your number and I will call you back. I don't respond to texts.

JPSBGT

New forum user
Steve thanks for the comments. Joe was really glad he had the opportunity to visit with you and see the Alpine again. I’m helping the family with his memorabilia. Give me a call when you have a moment...Jack 541.379.4885 Oregon