Koni red adjustment

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Bernard,

At the top of the shock there is a rod that goes thru the center of the shaft.
At the end of that shaft it is either square or hexagonal so that a wrench or
the plastic knob that comes with the shock can turn it either way. If I remember correctly there are three adjustments to those shocks.

Moondoggie

grelley

Silver forum user
Konis

From what I remember, the shockies cannot be adjusted on the car. They must be removed. You then push the centre shaft completely down. This engages the shaft with a valve at the bottom of the shock. You then rotate the shaft to increase or decrease the rate. I seem to also remember that the shocks were set in the factory, and the adjustment was mainly to compensate for loss of stiffness as the shock aged.
Grelley

chirodoc

Gold forum user
KONI SHOCKS

Don't use an air impact wrench to remove the shock absorber upper nut. I learned the hard way, it spun the shaft loose from the shock internal plunger.
Koni gets $$$ for a rebuild even though they are garanteed for life!

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for hints but so far couldn't find the proper adjustment screw. Anyhow will use them as they are. They are pretty soft on compression while being very hard on the extension.The more I think about it the more it makes sense, i.e. actual dampening without making the ride very harsh. Big difference with the spax...